Commision: Talos, First Claw

maverike_prime

I think that looks awesome, maverick_prime, I think you did a great job with the conversion. My only possible comment is that I thought you were going to add more studs to the shoulder pad. Still, it looks great and I'm really digging the magnetized bolter/twin-linked bolter arms as well as the scabbard and sword. Are you going to be doing the spikes on the exhausts before sending it off? You are great inspiration for conversions! Good show!

Glad the helmet made it out of the pup okay!

Well, the final parts arrived and the commission is complete.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/maverike_prime/Warhammer/9-29-11-02.jpg

This took way longer then it really should have for a variety of reasons. Certainly there was the whole thing about having to get a new head. But also my school work kinda came up and smacked me in the face. I wasn't prepared for a 200 page reading assignment followed by what amounted to a 30 page report for a first assignment to an intro level class. Also since the character is from a book I wanted to at least read part of the book to get a feel for the character delayed me a bit as well. In reality, the entire job amounted to about 14 or 16 hours worth of work. But for a first commission, I think it worked out rather well.

As a bit of entrainment I've collected some comments the client and I exchanged during the course of the project and am posting them.

[in response to using the pink beads]

From the client

I don't know why but I laughed uncontrolably at that last post. The hardened prophet...going to battle with purple fruity beads....ohhh ya.....Badass killer we got there

My response to the client

hey just remember "Man walk down the street wearing that, you know he's not afraid of anything"

The client after being informed of my dog eating the first head

The client

But I can't help but laugh the gods do not want to see your work completed!

My response

haha yeah sure. My Talos was to be too awsome for the universe to survive. The Chaos Gods themselves decreed Talos to be a threat to them and seek to destroy my perfect rendition.

looking good, but the putty work on the blade looks kinda rough to me and i think that will show in the painting ;)

the swordhand's wrist looks like it could use some putty to fill the gap between hand and forearm.

and i'd second the motion for spikes on the backpack :)

otherwise great model ;)

Archived