The Emperor's work

Darkchild130

A couple of things I should mention about real life serial killers/sociopaths. They are all pretty normal people, except they have very deviant sexual desires that cause them to masturbate almost uncontrollably, beat both the living and the deceased, and usually homosexual or bisexual. I know games workshop says eversors are just big time killing machines, but they are supposed to also be frozen in stasis until used or something. Kinda silly premise I think, but thats what the fluff says.

I can not see how the Inquisition would ever want to give such lunatics such dangerous augmentations. They would go off and begin killing, beating, and causing all sorts of deviant and criminal trouble and it would be almost impossible to capture or kill an eversor assassin. Real assassins trained by the government must be highly stable individuals, but able to flip a switch and begin using their training to kill every living thing in the room.

I think some more talking between the Inquisitor and the kid wouldve helped a bit since Inquisitors are usually good characters, full of wit and strength. Since I took the time to read and comment, would you please check out and comment on my tyranid story.

A couple of things I should mention about real life serial killers/sociopaths. They are all pretty normal people, except they have very deviant sexual desires that cause them to masturbate almost uncontrollably, beat both the living and the deceased, and usually homosexual or bisexual. I know games workshop says eversors are just big time killing machines, but they are supposed to also be frozen in stasis until used or something. Kinda silly premise I think, but thats what the fluff says.

No, they are not any of those things. Many sociopaths are successful businessmen/women, military commanders or people in other highly important roles, because they are single minded, ruthless, and will stop at nothing to get what they want. you are confusing sociopaths with psychotic people, 2 very different things.

I can not see how the Inquisition would ever want to give such lunatics such dangerous augmentations. They would go off and begin killing, beating, and causing all sorts of deviant and criminal trouble and it would be almost impossible to capture or kill an eversor assassin. Real assassins trained by the government must be highly stable individuals, but able to flip a switch and begin using their training to kill every living thing in the room.

Sociopaths are not lunatics, most intelligent ones are never even diagnosed, as they can mimic emotion well enough to fool everyone around them. Besides, it is almost impossible to kill or capture an Everrsor, do you actually know anything about them? They are single minded killiing machines!

I think some more talking between the Inquisitor and the kid wouldve helped a bit since Inquisitors are usually good characters, full of wit and strength. Since I took the time to read and comment, would you please check out and comment on my tyranid story.

The story has nothing to do with the inquisitor, he was rejected by the inquisition as he did not fit their psyche profile. I think you have totally missed the point

EDIT: on second thoughts, nobody needs to know that. Lets say i've done my research.

Darkchild

@Angelwinged- Yes Darkchild is correct about sociopaths/psycopaths. You are indeed confusing them with psychotic people which is understandable. Both are, in society's view, abnormal people with very similar names for their disorders. Heck if it weren't for the fact that I had taken a psychology class, I would not know the difference either.

@Darkchild- I enjoyed this story as much as your Flesh Tearers' story, I really like the way it flows. I almost thought the kid was being trained to be a space marine, his training was very similar to how Marines train aspirants. What exactly was the inquisitor going to use him for anyway, as a crusader bodyguard? And who were the giant robed figures? Mechanicus? Anyways, looking forward to the next installment :D

the inquisitor was looking for a potential Acolyte among the children, being of some standing in the ordos, I envisioned him as having always held off training a replacement until he felt ready, then he would choose his potential successor.

He took a shine to Andrei immediately but was dismayed when he turned out to be just a bit too mental. (which i guess he suspected from the start, but hoped it wasn't true).

and as for the "giant" robed figures, remember the POV is that of a 6 year old boy, anyone scary would take on a giant aspect in the right circumstances.

they were just ordo adepts.

I'm really pleased you like it, I was worried about this story as it isn't just about shooting like the Flesh Tearers (and I know shooting :) ) I didn't know if it would read well. My main worry is that the Eversor's inherent mental incoherence (due to lobo chips and regular mind wiping) would not come across properly and just confuse people.

Darkchild

This is a welcome experiance for me. I don't often get the pleasure of reading a story about assassins and even rarer when he get a look into their training. You capture the chilling brutality of the 41st Millenium and the Inquisition very well.

I really like how you detail his mindset and his reactions to the servitor remind me of General Grievous from Star Wars in the Expanded Universe. Not the coughing Dracula-esque villain in Revenge of the Sith, but the cold, calculating butcher in the novels and original micro-series. The guy was basically the Terminator with lightsabers in his original appearance.

Relentless, silent and unstoppable.

It’s just that Andrei’s transformation into a cyborg killing machine reminds me of that.

It's always good to see the Dark Eldar gutted. Why do I get the feeling Andrei's captivity amoung them will end with the Archon screaming ''Put it back! Put it back!''?

Dark Eldar raiding forces have attacked an isolated world at the fringes of Imperial space, a well populated mining community, light on military forces, heavy on civilian populace.

Usually reliant on the regular patrol arcs of the battle companies of the Sons of Ultramar Astartes chapter, the Dark Eldar timed their attack perfectly to coincide with the Chapter’s recruiting season, where all active companies were recalled to their miniature empire to tithe their worlds for fresh aspirants.

I notice you like using the Sons of Ultramar in your stories, is it a stand in for the Ultramairnes or are you planning to expand on that chapter's fluff in a future IA? Will they be the Astartes appearing?

I think the amount of brainwashing and brain surgery may have made the Eversor more.........controllable. In any case an Inquisitor should have a kill-switch or some mesans to control a pumped up killing machine like that.

thankyou for the comment!

My Sons of Ultramar (I say my, as I'm sure there are a zillion other diy chapters called the sons of Ultramar out there) were created to be the antithesis of the Flesh Tearers for my Assault of Ryanthis story. Their colour scheme is literally the opposite of the flesh tearers (white helmet and shoulder pads, blue everything else) and they have a glorious history of flawless victories as opposed to 10,000 years of slaughter.

I thought I'd mention them to add a bit of continuity to my story, as all my tales start in the same area of Space.

About the psychopath/sociopath thing, Angelwinged did not describe a true sociopath in his comments so it's probably best not to respond to it (not picking on you Angelwinged, but your view of psycho/sociopaths is very 2d and uninformed)

Thanks again, I appreciate feedback.

Darkchild

Archived