Jumping the Shark

Ntin

I have not painted anything in probably since 2003 or so and I am feeling a bit rusty but trying to get back into the swing of things and not have a grey plastic army.

Next time I am at my FLGS will pick up some orange to blend the lighting claws properly kind of worried to do it by myself as I am partially red color blind.

Any suggestions / criticisms / mocks welcome =)

http://i52.tinypic.com/2ikp8hz.jpghttp://i52.tinypic.com/dmpbhx.jpg

The green on the body looks almost like verdigris. I love it :)

As for suggestions, I would bright up the brown(brass?) parts a bit, and definitely change the color of the eye lenses. wash the red power pipes with black, and tone down the yellow dots. they are too bright. (this does sound long, but those are minor details :) the models does look great :))

Model looks great, just as good as mine, and I've been constantly painting for years... A squad of these would look pretty good I think.

What kind of basing are you thinking of? :)

I don't have trouble seeing colors, so I wouldn't know, but wouldn't you just see different shades of brown when shading? Some of that could really spruce up your claws.

Great stuff.

The green on the body looks almost like verdigris. I love it :)

As for suggestions, I would bright up the brown(brass?) parts a bit, and definitely change the color of the eye lenses. wash the red power pipes with black, and tone down the yellow dots. they are too bright. (this does sound long, but those are minor details :) the models does look great :))

Thanks =) I am using Vallejo Sea Grey it looks a little more nautical (and sharky) in my opinion than the normal codex grey or Space Wolves grey. It is a brass but the Vallejo metallic (with a brown wash) do not have that glittery kind of sheen the Game Workshop metallic do but yeah it could use a high light to bring it out.

Model looks great, just as good as mine, and I've been constantly painting for years... A squad of these would look pretty good I think.

I don't have trouble seeing colors, so I wouldn't know, but wouldn't you just see different shades of brown when shading? Some of that could really spruce up your claws.

Great stuff.

Going to get some of these bases eventually. Colors kind of bleed into different color spectrums I painted some Khorne Berserkers a long time ago and I was told they were pink when they looked a nice blood red to me.

Great stuff.

Going to get some of these bases eventually. Colors kind of bleed into different color spectrums I painted some Khorne Berserkers a long time ago and I was told they were pink when they looked a nice blood red to me.

Ooh, good choice. And I think thats kind of humorous (if you let me find humor in your misfortunes.) You could try getting different shades of red (blood red, scab, etc) and just comparing your models with them.

Goodluck. :)

Archived