Rage and Embarkation

ShinyRhino

Pretty simple question. Can a unit with the Rage USR ever actually embark on a vehicle once on the table?

Repentia, for example, are no longer restricted from entering vehicles. They do have Rage, though.

Can you move a Rhino 8" in front of the squad and between it and the closest enemy unit (still allowing partial LOS from Repentia to enemy), move the squad forward 6" toward the Rhino (and within 2" of the access points), and then get inside the Rhino?

I suppose somebody might start up the whole argument about whether or not every model in the ragey unit must move the maximum distance directly toward the nearest enemy, and that could create issues with getting everyone within two inches of an access point.

This is something I have pondered in the context of Death Company, however I think it would be easier to get them all within two inches of the large flying base of a Storm Raven.

I suppose somebody might start up the whole argument about whether or not every model in the ragey unit must move the maximum distance directly toward the nearest enemy, and that could create issues with getting everyone within two inches of an access point.

This is something I have pondered in the context of Death Company, however I think it would be easier to get them all within two inches of the large flying base of a Storm Raven.

That ugly, pointless argument can be read here, here, and here. I agree with dswanick; I see no reason Rage would prevent a unit from embarking a transport.

I thought as much.

It's a tricky maneuver that's probably best set up during deployment. Park your transport someplace, and then make a U around it with the Rage-bound models, leaving an inch between unit and transport to allow pivoting room. In the Movement phase, move the transport 6" toward the Rage target, and then move the unit in the exact same configuration so that every model will be moving 6" (or 12 or whatnot as applies to the unit). They should now all be within 2" of the transport's access points.

Of course, it all depends on how your opponent deployed (infiltrators will mess you up big time) and if you get the first turn or not. Gimmicky, but at least I'm now informed as to its legality shoudl I see it across the table.

If you are planning it as early as deployment, you may even be able to save yourself a step by simply deploying the vehicle (and possibly some additional vehicles) so that they block line of sight to any enemy units, and negate the effects of Rage.

^This. Rage only matters if there is an enemy unit within LoS.

If you are planning it as early as deployment, you may even be able to save yourself a step by simply deploying the vehicle (and possibly some additional vehicles) so that they block line of sight to any enemy units, and negate the effects of Rage.

Brilliant! :)

haha. Good idea!

Archived