Death Company Questions

Arkangilos

Ok, so I know quite a bit about BA and Death Company, because they are my patron chapter and Sanguinius is my Patron Primarch ;)

However, something I have never seen explain is what Death Company see from their Brothers.

I know the one in the Death Company thinks he is Sanguinius, and he thinks that his enemies are Chaos and Horus. However, if he is with other DC, does he think they are their (his, Sanguinius') children? Or Sanguinius' brothers?

I ask, because my dad and I were talking and I was making two new Death Company who go back to back to eachother (one has two bolt pistols, and one has two chainswords, and they are both possitioned pretty awesome), and my dad had joked something like this:

Death Company one (two chainswords): "Brother Dorn! I have your back! Horus can not defeat us!"

Death Company two (two bolt pistols): "Khan! I am Behind you! Together we shall defeat this traitor!"

Now I know from various novels that they are into their memories enough to scream, "WHERE ARE YOU HORUS!?" So could their brothers also be part of their memories?

(btw, Khan was just an example)

In "At Gaius Point", if I remember correctly, the Black Rage marine thinks some of the people in the area are members of the Sons of Horus, so I'm going to take a chance and assume that they think their fellow Death Company are Custodes or another loyalist group that was on the ship. This is all conjecture, of course.

I never personally took the visions that literally. In my invisioning, guided by the dexes not the novels, is that the DC are consumed by visions of blood inspired out of that era and others including sometimes visions of Sanguinus and his final battle in some cases, but not necessarily and few would think they were actually fighting Horus. I believe that they realize they're fighting with brother angels, but not really able to deal with higher reason and coordinate planning.

Brightguys got the right idea. The way I always saw it is that like Sanguinius, each DC marine knows that he has Horus cornered, and is tearing through the enemy just to reach him without seeing or hearing anything around (why they cant be controlled). Like Sangunius they know the war ends once Horus falls, so they push through without flinching (thus FNP). But like in a dream, once that deathblow comes, they see themselves being cut down by Horus...and the dream ends with visions of the golden emperortanding above him...

Very sad ending.

In Deus Encarmine, the mindset of several brothers fallen to the Black Rage is described.

In the mind of James Swallow, they do literally see themselves as Sanguinius, hunting Horus, and the Blood Angels around them as their Brother-Primarchs (In the story, the Death Company Chaplain is addressed as Dorn, and told to summon Guilliman). They will also see the biggest thing on the battlefield to be the Warmaster himself (In this case it was a Chaos Dreadnought).

----

I think it's a personal viewpoint, much like alot of the other 40k lore. I see it to be the above, but I read the Black Library books before I really got into the rest of the Warhammer lore.

Perhaps one of our brothers who has been called by the Pure One can tell us more.

Gosh I cant remember which codex it's in but Lemartes and Tycho talk to each other in one and Tycho thinks Lemartes is Dorn. So I think the visions paint friendly forces as similar friendly forces in the HH and enemies the same.

It would probably have to be Angels of Death then, because thats the only one I don't have, and I don't remember it in the ones I do have. That would be an interesting read!

Wow, that was some hell of a story. Who's the writer? I'll have to look and see if he or she has any other works.

I really didn't like Tycho until reading this story. I'm definetly getting his model now.

But that is pretty well what it would be like when a Blood Angel goes DC.

We need more stories like that....if anyone has any others can we throw them into this thread?

I think it was a White Dwarf featuring the Armageddon III campaign, but check out the story in question post #3 HERE

dang beaten to it :D

Somehow this makes me want to use DC marines? But i cant make them work on the tabletop :D

:yes: ;)

That story is THE reason why DC Tycho is so awesome! It's just a pity his rules don't quite match up :D It does a good job on reminding me however why I play BA - the Death Company.

Wow, that was some hell of a story. Who's the writer? I'll have to look and see if he or she has any other works.

I really didn't like Tycho until reading this story. I'm definetly getting his model now.

We need more stories like that....if anyone has any others can we throw them into this thread?

I'm pretty sure this is the contribution of Gav Thorpe.

I'm pretty sure this is the contribution of Gav Thorpe.

I'll be very disappointed if it is. I can't stand his writing normally but I actually like that!

So wait gav thorpe wrote novels? any blood angel ones? sorry Im at work and dont have alot of access to internet.

Gav has and is still writing novels for the BL. He moved to full freelancer a few years back. No Blood Angels novels to my knowledge but he has covered the Dark Angels a couple of times (Angels of Darkness and the space marine battles novel Purging of Kadillus.)

You're seriously not aware of his writing before? he's been fairly prolific over the years. Do you not read much BL stuff?

You know I really wanted too! And I was uber hyped when the Horus Heresy stuff came out, but I read the first few pages of the first novel and set it down. I don't speak for everybody, but I really thought it was written by a 5 year old. I've only ever read that first space wolf novel, where Ragnar becomes a marine. I will go back and look into the whole thing, I just need to finish Don Quixote first...

Archived