Do you use regular dreadnaughts?

northoceanbeach

All three dread types are quite useful, really.

The regular dread works to provide AT punch, like mentioned above. The Rifledread (2x Autocannon) is a solid addition, putting out a lot of mobile, long range, shots that will knock transports out reliably.

The Melta-Dread (Melta, HF, DCCW) used in a drop pod or off of a Storm Raven is a multi-threat that your enemy HAS to respond to (two of these are a major thorn).

The melee dread variants (DC/Furioso) are solid squad killers and bullet magnets for your infantry, but I have not seen them perform reliably in the Anti-Tank role (even with Magna Grapples) - that said I myself don't attempt to use them in that role too terribly often. I point my DC at an enemy hammer squad and if he survives...great!

Do you use the regular dreadnaughts from the heavy choices or are the DC ones and Furiosos much better. If so, what do you equip them with? I'm finding myself with not enough anti tank, but the anti tank I do have doesn't seem to do enough.

In the old 'dex I used to bring a normal ranged dreadnought to just about every game. Now that we have all those fast tanks and great options for our FA slots I don't really see the point. The autocannon dread is neat but we simply don't need him the way regular marines do.

Archived