Opinions on a successor Chapter

Jsmarriner

So I decided about a week ago to strip and repaint my Salamanders army into something completely different. I have the paint scheme in my head and have posted what the troops and Terms will look like below. I didnt want to paint a red army but I like the Angelic theming. So I decided to make them a Blood Angels successor Chapter. At the moment I am calling them Repentant Saints.

The plan is to ink prayers and blessing all over the flat-ish areas of the marines legs, chest, powerfists, ect... Also on the vehicles I want to paint medieval/renaissance angel murals as well as coats of arms with all the flurishes.

Am I going to get wierd looks from other BA players for creating a successor chapter that looks like this?

sm.php?b62c=@i87fO_i56wO.h2L9ph3jnL_..___i2Nty@iakk7@@hVpNXi1nmL@_@@_@_@@@__@_@@@@@@@@@@@iakk7hsHPE@@@____@@._..iakk7iakk7&

tsmbeta.php?hdt=FAF8CD&hdm=F50A0A&hdl=F50A0A&ey=FACDF9&er=FAF8CD&pi=FAF8CD&nk=FAF7BB&cht=40403E&ch=FAF8CD&abs=FAF8CD&bt=F50A0A&btd=FAF8CD&cod=FAF8CD&ull=FAF8CD&lk=F50A0A&lll=FAF8CD&lft=F50A0A&url=FAF8CD&rk=FAF8CD&lrl=FAF8CD&rft=F50A0A&sl=FAF8CD&sli=FAF8CD&sr=FAF8CD&sri=FAF8CD&ula=FAF8CD&lel=FAF8CD&lla=FAF8CD&lh=FAF8CD&ura=FAF8CD&rel=FAF8CD&rla=F50A0A&rh=FAF8CD&eg=757573&sk=FF96FD&rta=FAF8CD&lta=FAF8CD&lhd=FFFFFF&rhd=FFFFFF&ct=FFFFFF&cts=FFFFFF&camh=FFFFFF&camb=050505&cams=FFFFFF&caml=93E0FA&brc=FFFFFF&rb=919090&gr=FFFFFF&bg=FFFFFF&

yeah the purple skull was just a color to put there when i was using the painter. I like the idea of using gold there. I will probably use a metalic gold or even gold leaf (yeah I have quite a bit of it for different art projects). I dont really know how to do non metalic metalic yet and i dont wanna screw it up.

Im still new to the BAs so i really dont know if im going to use the DC or Sanguary yet. I probably will but i just dont know enough about them.

On a bonus note, when i went and bought the Codex last night the clerk told me I had enough points to get 55 bucks of product for free. So I got a Furioso dread but im not sure if I am going to use it as a Furioso, a DC Dread or Libraian. Gotta hit the books and figure it out.

yeah I think the skull will get painted red. Keep everything Simple, White Red and Black.

I also agree about the Sanguinary Guard. I was trying to make myself smart last night by studying the Codex. Holy Crap, these things are basically Jump Pack terminators. I will DEFFINATELY be getting a unit of these guys.

Archived