which way should I build my new Dread

Jsmarriner

Greetings Brothers,

I am a brand new BA player (even still have the new player smell) and I got a new Dread for free last night when I bought the BA codex. I had a lot of points built up had 55 bucks worth of product I could purchase. I almost bought the Baal Pred but felt i would have more options if went with a Furioso Dread since it can be a normal dread, a Furioso, a DC dread, or a Librarian Dread. But therein lies my problem. Which way should I build it? Here is my current list of guys that I have.

Repentant Saints:

Land Raider redeemer

1 Rhino/Razorback

2 Land Speeder Tornado both with multimeltas

Dreadnought

2 x 10 man troop squad veteran led

9 x Vanguard Vet squad with jump pack led by chaplin

5 term (4 with chainfist 1 powersword 1 Heavy flamer)

1 captain with command squad

So which build would best fill any gapping hole I have in my current list? And what about a Chaplin Dread? I have enough bitz and Greenstuff laying around to build it as a chappie (i think at least). What would fit best?

I call upon the collected wisdom and experience of the Brotherhood, So Mote it be.

If I were you I'd magnetize your dread so you can swap around if you decide you want to play differently later. I'd make a rifle dread out of what you have. Your current anti tank weaponry will have loads to do vs mech threats already and you have no real need for 1 single dread wandering around (everyone would blast it to pieces instead of letting it close, and they'd do it fast!). If you then proceed with a more "fast" list you can drop in a few dreads andthen you can use it as furioso if you magnetized it correctly!

Archived