Star Shields Chapter Master

SnakeoilSage

I'd like to forge a model for Helm Shieldbane, my Chapter Master, but I need some advice on where to find some appropriate bits.

- Helm is a giant, taller and broader than typical Space Marines, especially in his armor.

- he wears highly ornate Terminator armor

- he carries a thunderhammer (solid block style, like this.)

- a forearm mounted bolter /w grenade launcher

Any help would be welcome!

1) How good are you with greenstuff? If your real good you could just take a normal termie armor scrape off the markings and make your own. As far as look you could travel the well-worn road of dreadnought shin pads.

2) For the hammer you could jack this guy's: Hammer. Looks cool enough and isn't really attached to him accept his hands which might be difficult to saw off. But you could wrap some ribbon or something fancy around those parts.

3) As far as the gun goes add a standard arm bolter but add a barrel from some other gun (can't think of one now) and cut everything off except the barrel and add it to the top of the bolter or even under the hand (spiderman style :P ).

Hope this helps somewhat.

Highly ornate termie armor, you say? How about this guy? http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-4000...-SCORPIONS.html

You'd have to remove his scorpion icons, of course, but his TDA is pretty blinged out.

That is pretty nice! And I even like the head. I could use some Space Wolf Terminator bits to help cover up the rest maybe, scrape of the scorpions, maybe smooth over the remainder with some Grey Knights shields. Sweet. Thanks!

Archived