Angels Sanguine vs Flesh Tearers

nimrod451

Apologies for turning your thread into my own personal Flesh Tearer love-fest, but I'd like to point out that they don't embody the vampire aesthetic at all.

They removed blood transfusions from their rituals, so therefore do not sleep in the coffin things that made them as BA do. They have no ritualised blood drinking either. All this has a direct effect on the chapter as a whole, being the reason that so many more of them fall to the black rage.

Instead they have a "feast" at the end of a successful campaign, in which all of the prisoners collected throughout said campaign mysteriously disappear. For some reason, the angrier nature of the Flesh Tearers has manifested their blood urges as cannibalism.

the link between vampirism and stability makes sense when you look at the Blood drinkers, who have notably increased their blood drinking practices and in turn have more control over the red thirst and black rage.

So to summarise, FTs=not vampires.

but I am horribly biased, and the Angels Sanguine would give you much more leeway in regards to fluff as they are more "normal" BA successors.

Darkchild

Sounds like there should be a thunder dino-calvalery out there somewhere!

DarkChild - I meant more then, kill people and eat them sorta of aesthetic i think..not the coffin thing and stuff. Your fine on the thread thing.. Bias is what i wanted to see what people though and what fluff they could contribute..

..and i'm getting a good bit of FT fluff actaully..

..the angels seem to be lacking however heh

Sounds like there should be a thunder dino-calvalery out there somewhere!

DarkChild - I meant more then, kill people and eat them sorta of aesthetic i think..not the coffin thing and stuff. Your fine on the thread thing.. Bias is what i wanted to see what people though and what fluff they could contribute..

..and i'm getting a good bit of FT fluff actaully..

..the angels seem to be lacking however heh

Yeap, less background means less developed imagery on one hand but more room to fill in the gaps yourself on the other... But background aside there is also the question of paint schemes - which one do you like the most? As I said earlier the "halved" color scheme with black & red makes for a very striking combination and, to me at least, a much more intersting looking force. This of course is purely subjective.

Apologies for turning your thread into my own personal Flesh Tearer love-fest, but I'd like to point out that they don't embody the vampire aesthetic at all.

They removed blood transfusions from their rituals, so therefore do not sleep in the coffin things that made them as BA do. They have no ritualised blood drinking either. All this has a direct effect on the chapter as a whole, being the reason that so many more of them fall to the black rage.

Instead they have a "feast" at the end of a successful campaign, in which all of the prisoners collected throughout said campaign mysteriously disappear. For some reason, the angrier nature of the Flesh Tearers has manifested their blood urges as cannibalism.

the link between vampirism and stability makes sense when you look at the Blood drinkers, who have notably increased their blood drinking practices and in turn have more control over the red thirst and black rage.

but I am horribly biased, and the Angels Sanguine would give you much more leeway in regards to fluff as they are more "normal" BA successors.

Darkchild

Not questioning, but where did you actually read this? 0.o

I knew the Flesh Eaters did the eating part, but no idea the Flesh Terrors did, I just thought they were more savage!

Darkchild

I knew the Flesh Eaters did the eating part, but no idea the Flesh Terrors did, I just thought they were more savage!

It's in IA: Blood Frenzy, aka IA: Flesh Tearers.

Also, it's not straight out stated the Tearers eat their enemies, but it is very, very heavily hinted (as are many things in WH40K).

Darkchild

Also, it's not straight out stated the Tearers eat their enemies, but it is very, very heavily hinted (as are many things in WH40K).

At the 3rd war of Armageddon the Orks called the Flesh Tearers "Eaters of the dead". Seems pretty black and white to me.

Darkchild

Darkchild

At the 3rd war of Armageddon the Orks called the Flesh Tearers "Eaters of the dead". Seems pretty black and white to me.

Darkchild

That sounds like a cool bit of fluff to me. :wallbash: Do you know where I could find it?

It was originally in a WD that detailed the actions of various Space Marine chapters at Armageddon (which I no longer own)

It's just a couple of paragraphs if I remember rightly, but it's copy pasted in numerous locations if you google "Flesh Tearers eaters of the dead".

Darkchild

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

I'll be sure to check it out.

Actually i've been reading the blog, with Darkchild you've been an inspiration and one of the reason i'm not sure which army i want to do. The fact is it is tempting to do an army that not many people do..and i do see people paying flesh tearers more lately...

still pondering..

when considering the colour scheme I like the Angels Sanguine more.

As a matter of fact, when I quit my part-time job at the local library (after 3 years) I painted a Angels Sanguine Librarian for them (because the colours of our city are red and black as well) and while not my best work I really enjoyed painting him.. See below.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/140/0/0/as_librarian_update_by_reinoutjansen-d3grgtn.jpg

Archived