rhino combi weapons

Warp space

The rhino combi weapon option is that above and beyond the combi bolter that is already on the rhino or an upgrade to the combi bolter that is already on a rhino??? I know SM can have 2 storm bolters but I am not sure we can the wording in the dex is not as clear as I would like it to be.

You're always going to have a twin-linked bolter on your Rhino. Any points you spend for weapon systems are additional to that t/l bolter, not upgrades to it. Thus, if you spend 5 points for a twin-linked bolter for a Rhino, you'll have two twin-linked bolters on your Rhino.

As far as what to put on the Rhino, my choice would either be a 2nd TL Bolter for cheap firepower and to keep the rhino going a bit longer or the combi-melta for a tank busting option.

Combi-flamer isn't a bad option but then again I use 2x flamer CSM squads for my anti horde.

I don't really see the point of using the combi-bolter. One shot of a weapon, that has to be within perfect range to maximize. I'll either use the TL Bolter for doubling the firepower (and simplifing the shots) or the Havoc Launcher for some range and "artillery".

Archived