Medusa's Head

Snejk

A while back i began building and painting my CSm army. I decided to go Alpha Legion after reading "Legion". I like the "By any means necessary" approach, be it stealth, cultist activity or just plain brute force.

Here are som pics of my army so far. All WIP i must add.

Since i'm not sure how to add pics i just post the link to my blog.

http://engubbepainternet.blogspot.com/2011...dusas-head.html

Any comments are welcome.

• 2 months later...

Here's a small update on my Alpha Legion army.

I'm currently building a squad of assault marines/raptors.

I've used a mix of loyalist, CSM and Berserker bits and the idea is to paint them in a Raven Guard look-a-like scheme but with some more or less obvious errors: Metal trimings, a green Raven shoulder pad and some scales.

The main reason for them to be painted as "Raven Guard" is for the infiltration aspect and the guerilla warfare style of the RG. I think it's fitting to the ALs subterfuge style of warfare.

http://engubbepainternet.blogspot.com/2011...rd-raptors.html

Here are a few new pics of some Havocs in mixed armour parts and slightly converted loyalist Las Cannons and a converted Auto Cannon. And a new aspiring champion with some mixed armour parts and a nice defiled Aquila breast plate.

Lets see if i can put some pics up now...

a group pic.

gallery_60645_6711_1026318.jpg

Today I built what could be a new Lord or at least an Aspiring Champion. I used my last set of loyalist assault troop legs and a breastplate with an Aquila that i defiled. I wanted to get some motion to the mini having him charging straight ahead, plasma pistol blazing and his sword ready to chop off any head that gets in his way.

I'm thinking this could be either a Chosen aspiring champion or perhaps even a Chaos Lord. Being an Alpha Legion character I imagine he's not too interested in drawing too much attention to him self, even though the trophy rack and anything but subtle sword are give a ways to his position as something other than just a grunt marine.

So, any suggestions on a paint scheme? A "Raven Guard" imposter champion or an Alpha Legion Lord?

gallery_60645_6711_46179.jpg

I began "converting" my new Terminator Lord. The conversions being adding an ordinary, horn less Chaos Helmet and a Daemon weapon (Lance and vambrace from the WHFB Chaos Knights kit.)

I'm thinking of keeping him as clean as possible, without trophy racks, cloaks or "bling" except for his massive Daemon Weapon.

Here he is.. Alpharius.. or is it Ingo Pech?

gallery_60645_6711_34257.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_45078.jpg

And I Really, Really need to get some serious painting going on...

Thanks!

I'm working on the fluff for my warband as well.

I've not come very far yet, but as far as it goes the name Medusa's Head comes from the Dauntless class light cruiser they use to roam the void in.

The warband is lead by their Terminator Lord Thibor and his second in command Sorcerer Janos.

The lord has recently risen to power within the warband after a daring coup led by himself and his sorcerer. The warband has since then shifted its attention from the destruction of mankind to petty piracy and self glorification. Trying to carve out a small domain close to the Screaming Vortex the warband has also come to be more active worshipers of the warp entities. Possibly under the influence of their sorcerer.

The warbands pirate activity and dealings with a certain other well known legions has earned them a fair amount of transports, tanks and assault vechicles and a Defiler.

Little does the new lord know that the warbands old master, Captain Faethor, is not only very much alive but also preparing to serve his revenge not cold but by burning hot flames of Tzeentchian warp energy served from his new Daemon weapon.

The old captain managed to flee the Medusa's Head with his Chosen bodyguard when his liutenants treachery was unfolded, and escaped in an escape pod, shot out into the cold vast space. Still loyal crewmembers of the Medusa's Head reported the escape pod destroyed in a hail of laser fire...

Trapped in space and with a stubborn will to live he gained the attention of Tzeentch who happened to twist fate so that the escape pod was crashed on a planet close to the Screaming Vortex. Being a captain of the Alpha Legion it didn't take long for him to build a new cell of human operatives and Astartes agents and form an infiltration and intelligence network spanning over several planets in diffrent systems. Through one of these cells contact was made with still loyal elements onboard the Medusa's Head as the cruiser entered the void of the Screaming Vortex.

And while the master of the Medusa's Head carvs out his little empire Faethor plots his return, and a suitable punishment for Thibor.

nice conversions brother :o

your alpha paint scheme looks good too, my only criticism would be the massive mold lines (on heads and weapons for example).

Thanks! And yes the mouldlines are a bit shamefull.

Who is this guy? Where did he come from? Is he a high tech Wolverine on super steroids? Does he have wings? A back pack or a jump pack? Is he Khornes new best friend or just a raving madman?

Any fluff suggestions are welcome.

gallery_60645_6711_767860.jpg

• 5 months later...

It's been a while since i added anything to this thread. My army/warband is slowly comming about and here are some "new" stuff.

Some raptors in disguise. A bit sloppy paint job.

gallery_60645_6711_62374.jpg

The dreadclaw.

gallery_60645_6711_72291.jpg

One obliterator.

gallery_60645_6711_540424.jpg

A Vindicator

gallery_60645_6711_705352.jpg

Today I speed painted a seven man Boarding Squad. Not really sure how I will use them in game. Possibly "Counts as" Plague Marines. I imagine the shields giving some extra protection, and come handy while boarding enemy space ships.

I began painting at 4pm and finished at 11:30 PM. All that remains is to paint the eye lenses and the legion insignia.

The paint scheme is as follows: Chaos black primer, Necron abyss as foundation, washed with asuremen blue, dry brushed with Ultra Marines blue, and then dry brushed again with a 50/50 mix of Goblin green/Ultra Marines Blue. Tin bitz and Boltgun metal on the weapons and Boltgun metal on the armour trimings, cables etc. Bleched bone + Devlan mud on the helmet horns.

In all their glory.

gallery_60645_6711_823083.jpg

A close up of the squads Melta Gunner, the Aspiring champion, with his mutated "counts as" Power Fist arm and a Marine.

gallery_60645_6711_120873.jpg

Another close up of some of the Marines in the squad.

gallery_60645_6711_315184.jpg

I've been converting some old pewter Space Wolves into Bersekers. here's the work in progress. I'm not sure how to paint them yet. I'm thinking of plain old Khorne Red with Brass trimmings. I also had Skryar's dark Wolves in mind, but i'm not sure. But i'm open to suggestions.

I'm not entirely happy with the poses, but they were the best I could come up with, without choping off legs and and putting them back together. They all look a bit static. I've used old SW pewter bodies, assorted fantasy battle Chaos Warriors, CSM, SM and berserker parts. And an arm from a possessed.

I'll be adding the shoulder pads and back packs this coming week.

First a close up of a dual chainsword wielding maniac.

gallery_60645_6711_52031.jpg

A group shot.

gallery_60645_6711_1200450.jpg

• 1 month later...

I recently bought two boxes of terminators and was given a Terminator Lord as a gift from a friend. I converted four of the terminators to Obliterators, and a few days ago I decided to build and paint the rest of the modells.

I built seven new terminators, 2 with AC's and the rest with a mix of combi-meltas, fists, chain fists and power weapons. With the seven new ones and another five that i had since before i now i have 12 Terminators. The goal is to have 15.

Since i can't paint scales and my standard CSM have blue torsos and lower legs and green arms, helmets, thighs and backpacks i decided to do the same with the terminators - forcing me to do some repainting on the old ones.

The first blue layer is Necron Abyss, with a layer of Azuremen Blue, highlighted with Ultramarines Blue/water. And then a thin layer of Azuremen Blue to even out the edges a bit. The green is Goblin Green washed with Thraka Green and highlighted with some sort of Snot Green.

I think it looks pretty good. The trimmings will be Boltgun metal and some bronze/gold details. The tusks will be skull white washed with devlan mud. Weapons will be black, boltgun and bronze.

The Dreadnaught in the background is a slightly converted loyalist Dreadnaught. Nothing fancy, just some bits from the vechile upgrade pack, a Tzeench Icon and a Forge World AC.

I appreciate any feedback.

gallery_60645_6711_332900.jpg

Archived