Dead Marine

Garden Ninja

Here is the dead marine from Space Hulk. I honestly think it is quite a shame that he plays such a small part in the game- he's not even an objective marker. But he's a great mini none-the-less. Someone told me that he was a captain (which is unfounded in the fluff) so I decided to paint him in NMM gold to match some of the classic Blood Angels captains.

I put him up on Coolmini for anyone who cares to vote.

http://coolminiornot.com/pics/pics15/img4e7586759285b.jpg

Sure-

The main color is a mix of Snakebite leather (very mustardy brown) and P3 Bloodstone (a very red brown).

The darkest colors on here is P3 Umbral Umber- a slightly reddish, very dark dark brown. The fade is a mix of the base color and Umbral Umber.

I highlighted the main color using P3 Moldy Ocre (a yellow color). I pushed this quite a ways towards yellow, but not all the way before adding in some white for the more extreme highlights.

Sure-

Thanks. I took a look on your website: Fantastic paintjobs, and great tutorials too. :whoops:

Well, I think you've pointed out to me where I could add another one. I kind of want to do a little more painting in this kind of NMM before posting a thorough tutorial. What do I have that could be painted in shiny NMMs...

Archived