Enter the Minotaurs - A Minotaurs WIP Blog

Asterion Moloc

the Terminator squad has sadly been axed as I was not happy with the way colour were turning out (mainly the red and some rushed areas of bronze). To make up for this step back, I have built a bunch of stuff ready for priming tomorrow morning (weather permitting).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8c1HZgXS-q8/To9BBrqur8I/AAAAAAAAA0Q/K1y8dUE3Il0/s1600/IMG_1118.JPG

First up is my Librarian, using the Sevrin loth figure. I know it has been over used since release but it is such a stunning figure. I am planning on sculpting a large sweeping cloak to finish him off.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q2wucgd4osA/To9CcEx2bBI/AAAAAAAAA0U/IodenV84X0M/s1600/IMG_1115.JPG

Next up is the Sternguard, I am really pleased with these figures as they are fully cannibalised from an old Vanguard Veteran unit. The leader with the crest is almost untouched, with only the relic blade being removed from his left hand. I have stuck with full MKIII and provided shields to look like boarding marines or siege marines (the shields are purely aesthetic as I am using C:SM).

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WMw0-IRYih8/To9D0jDhgGI/AAAAAAAAA0Y/_lbGA0Ry9Ao/s1600/IMG_1116.JPG

And finally I have built my Ironclad Dreadnought. It is a wonderful model as out of the lot I have built this week has the most potential to actually be finished by the weekend. It is the first of three dreadnoughts I have planned for the army, again to represent (in fluff) a Siege Dreadnought Talon.

Next week I will be getting parts for my second HQ choice: Master of the Forge with Conversion Beamer, using the new Valthex model.

Thanks for the kind comments :P

I did not realise IA12 would feature the Minotaurs or that doors and shoulder pads were on the horizon, I am looking forward to it though as it could mean sculpts of Asterion Moloc or Ivanus Enkomi will soon follow.

Maybe. Tony Cotterel said they aren't doing any more of the Badab War special characters due to IA 11 and resource contention. Now, if those two (AM and IE) feature in IA 12 they probably would do them. However it may end up being like Carab Culln, they could be at different points in their careers, so whilst them it could be a somewhat different them as presented in IA 12.

Nice to see some of the lesser known chapters getting some attention! That bronze you've done is spot on, and that stenguard shooting from behind the shield is fantastic. Lookin forward to seeing more.

Very small update,

added a base to the Ironclad, just wanting on parts to finish Sternguard, build Master of the Forge & second Ironclad.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-seXUnRGXam4/TpQ6uBCSYpI/AAAAAAAAA1A/1TF5jMHFY20/s1600/IMG_1126.JPG

Thanks to everyone for the interest, comments & support, it has been really helpful in keeping me motivated on this project ^_^

Very small update,

added a base to the Ironclad, just wanting on parts to finish Sternguard, build Master of the Forge & second Ironclad.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-seXUnRGXam4/TpQ6uBCSYpI/AAAAAAAAA1A/1TF5jMHFY20/s1600/IMG_1126.JPG

Thanks to everyone for the interest, comments & support, it has been really helpful in keeping me motivated on this project :devil:

That base is cracking mate, how did you build it up?

Nice to see other Minotaurs in the works :cry:

Thanks for the comments, the base is built up using greenstuff. I then added the details - barb wire, dead marine. Once dried I added texture with two coats of Vallejo Grey Pumice.

Just got a whole bunch of reinforcements this morning, so plenty more Minotaurs on the horizon! :D

As I wrote on your blog some weeks ago, fantastic models. I am inspired to paint a Minotaurs army of my own. Looking forward to more and to the step-by-step.

At Gamesday they had loads of Minotaurs resin doors, shoulders etc. They aren't out yet, they come out for IA12 (which features the Minotaurs), but you probably already know that :P

Does anyone have links to pics? Are the shoulder pads for Terminator armor, power armor, or both?

As I wrote on your blog some weeks ago, fantastic models. I am inspired to paint a Minotaurs army of my own. Looking forward to more and to the step-by-step.

Thanks for checking out both my B&C and miniatures blog :D Sadly I have not gotten as much done as I would have liked before having to go away.

I just wanted to point out to people following this thread, that I will now be M.I.A for work until Dec 9 :lol: But when I get back I will be resuming my Minotaurs project with regular updates.

Thanks and see you guys in 6 weeks ;)

• 2 months later...

Right I am back from my business trip (last one of the year yay!) and have dived right into my Minotaurs project again as to be expected. The last FW order of the year is here, bearing Rhino extra armour and the Minotaur's Rhino doors. I was very tempted to get the Deimos rhino but ended up wanting to 'pimp' my Rhinos with Minotaur iconography.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6cX8FXV1XJs/Tu9IGMQpj9I/AAAAAAAAA_8/7q3ryoyElaQ/s1600/IMG_1239.JPG

I am currently at the painting table working and am hoping to have something to show for by the end of day. Also, while I may of axed the Assault Terminators, I have actually gone and ordered a bunch of new Terminators to replace them...I am expecting them to arrive after Christmas but what I have in mind will hopefully look far better than just shield swaps on the older unit.

Surprisingly well considering its been around 6 weeks since I was able to sit at the paint table. The Sternguard and Ironclad are ready for priming, and also I have a bunch of rhinos and predators partially built waiting for the resin doors. Rhinos will take longer than usual as I am intending on painting interiors and making hinges for the top doors. I am finally at a stage where I am very happy with the palette, so painting is a lot quicker than a couple of months ago...just need to get as much done before Christmas Eve hits :D

Just working on the bases and back packs of the tactical squad, so am hoping to have them up end of the day.

Thanks for the kind comments :tu: All I can say about metallics is washes are your friend hehe

I appreciate I am once again painting as fast as a one legged sloth but here are the basis for my new Terminator squad. Still expecting 3 more in the post before I get to the job of chopping and converting them into Minotaurs.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OrhJN9BCVRQ/TvMlCe899qI/AAAAAAAABA0/NTatfwyHBu8/s1600/IMG_1255.JPG

Tactical squad in the final stages, just need to do small details, weapons and bolt guns. Mould lines need removing from those parts but I am hoping at the latest to have this unit finished before Christmas Eve parties on Sat. Photo is a little bleached as I am struggling to use the camera on my new phone and it keeps doing flash : /

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZgX7bnRdT3c/TvNklBpbNoI/AAAAAAAABBY/ZPrIVdeCO6Y/s1600/IMG_1257.JPG

Am having issues deciding on the bases, I am thinking ash grey with snow on it to contrast the warm bronze and maroon colours. What do people think about this?

Many thanks

Am having issues deciding on the bases, I am thinking ash grey with snow on it to contrast the warm bronze and maroon colours. What do people think about this?

I think grey is good, perhaps with smatterings of white as if they are fighting in a city in the grip of winter. :)

Archived