Enter the Minotaurs - A Minotaurs WIP Blog

Asterion Moloc

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to converting those Space Hulk Terminators I bought in December. I had enough bits to make up two squads, one Tactical the other an Assault Terminator Squad with Thunder Hammers & Stormshield. Just waiting on a few bits to finish the Assault Terminators, but the tactical ones are ready (bar one final check for blood drops) for the priming booth.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GgCWrrrCO1c/T1iFguTDRDI/AAAAAAAABLg/QztJtBtKLaQ/s1600/IMG_1527.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Dgp1ZfC1ADI/T1iGDfXEVNI/AAAAAAAABLo/PIpaPNNtnJQ/s1600/IMG_1528.JPG

I am eagerly awaiting parts to finish planned conversions of my two COntemptors Ajax & Theokeles. It has been a long time, but the plans I have for these two will make it worth the wait. I look forward to sharing those two soon.

Thanks for continuing to follow,

Chris/DiStudios

• 2 weeks later...

Fully Painted Minotaur Squad with bases complete and bolter markings. Transfers will be added at the end when all infantry squads of my 1500pts list are fully painted

I settled on small touches of snow on a dark base set, I think this world well for the warm bronze and will be sticking to this for the rest of the project.

I know I take a long time, but I have a full plate. People's continued interest in this blog and my work generally is very much appreciated.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DtIC1UWMLMU/T2neWBKQljI/AAAAAAAABNc/0tZCrU6oapY/s1600/IMG_1584.JPG

This is my favourite Marine of the lot so far, I like what I did with the blood splatter and armour chips (first time trying that out).

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-D3ljpvHeRzw/T2nereCZxtI/AAAAAAAABNk/kl80Y5wPgU8/s1600/IMG_1586.JPG

Again, thanks for continued interest,

Chris

These are awesome looking marines bro.

Just went through the whole blog, hope you keep going.

Loving the blood splattered helmet of that last guy! And the lighting from the muzzle flares is very cool on the firing bolters.

Great to see an update on these fellas.

Gotta agree with MagicMan, the blood effects on the last guy are top notch, and I'm a fan of those bases too! Subtle, but they contrast very well with Minotaur armor. Keep up the stunning work, I'm excited to see the finished result on the Contemptors. <_<

These look awesome, all the way down to the placement of the snow on the bases to the lighting effects you've painted on to those bolters that are blazing away at Traitors Off-camera. It's a simple colour scheme at first sight, but there's a lot of little details to get right and the execution here is superb.

One thing I'm particularly in awe of is your extreme commitment to purging every damn mould line you can possibly find (must have a good pointy knife!) - a colour scheme like this will expose every. single. one of them, and since I find cleaning flash to be the most tedious aspect of the hobby, I'm kind of in awe about how good these guys look.

Yup, all been said before, but:

Excellent gold, excellent posing, super OSL and now blood spatter, nice battle damage. Can't wait to see those space hulk badboys painted up and is that a brace of contemptors lurking in the background?

Keep em coming brother!

FTE

Many thanks for the comments guys ;)

In regards to the Contemptors, I am just waiting on the third one to arrive before I dedicate more time to them. I have been adding a few sculpted bits here and there to make them each look individual. i am hoping that when i do post the pics of them up, it will go some way to 'explaining' why it has taken me so long o getting round to them.

Looking very nice dude.

Very brave cutting those space hulk terminators up but you did an awesome job.

I wish I could say it was all part of a plan..but in truth: pure spur of the moment.

Btw looks like I am not the only burning the midnight oil this night :P

Wip shots of my Contemptor Dreadnoughts as requested by some members. The Spartan crests were sculpted a few weeks ago but since then I have not been able to continue work due to other projects taking priority. I am estimating completion of the second tactical squad this weekend however, which means I can resume work on the Contemptors next week.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-T3EzGNGEdTM/T2xSL3kOsuI/AAAAAAAABOE/w_w-VSAwvfI/s1600/IMG_1587.JPG

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VBdmuPqfkYw/T2xSe_u6JZI/AAAAAAAABOM/wuQhwybxQ9k/s1600/IMG_1588.JPG

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iTUB5ewg4n8/T2xShnoVsHI/AAAAAAAABOU/i0IKwtuD4w8/s1600/IMG_1589.JPG

Lots of details to be added, in order to make them look more Spartan/Greco but in my eyes will be worth the wait.

Thanks for looking

Here are some pictures of my first ever airbrushed model, I went for a warm brown to try and post shade the deep recesses and give a bit more depth to the tank. Still a few details to add on but as you guys already know, I paint as fast as a one legged sloth :P

Any c&c is appreciated, this was my first time using a airbrush, I bought the set last week and lost days just trying to find the compressor regulator! So if any one can help me improve my skill set it would be greatly appreciated ;)

With thanks,

Chris

DiStudios

That looks to be excellent for a first time airbrush user, much better than my own early efforts. The main point with airbrushing is to make sure the paint is thin enough to go through the brush without clogging or splattering, consistency of milk is always how it's described but it can take a bit of trial and error to get it correct. What paints are you using to airbrush? I've spotted the odd Vallejo bottle sneaking into pics? Model Air range is very good and can be used out of the bottle but not always, I still like to thin mine with Vallejo thinner roughly 3:1 paint/thinner. A touch of screen wash can help to prevent the needle clogging or the paint drying too quick on the way out of the brush too.

By the way what colour did you use to base the Rhino, straight brown followed by a metallic gold? If so it's worked very nicely.

Here's one of mine...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/paulj1965/GW%2040K/PB202895.jpg

Fight, fight, fight, fight! ;)

Thanks to everyone who has looked and taken time to comment :huh:

PJ1933 - For the airbrush I am using Vallejo air and thinned down VCM for the bronze, your Razorback looks fantastic, I would love to get some games in against other painted Badab armies, but sadly I am new (ish) to my area and have yet to find any gamers let alone a Badab gaming group. The rhino was based in Bronze then shadowed with tank red in short burst at around 11-15psi to add contrast.

ssspectre - indeed, Tomb Kings banner tops for the basis of the head dresses. I was feeling a little lazy and did not want to play around with plasticard the morning I worked on them :P

I am on schedule to finish my second infantry squad tomorrow, so it looks like I will get to work on those Contemptors all of next week which is great news.

Those contemptors are a thing of beauty. The crests really take it to the next level. I''m more a fan of the second 'mohawk' crest than the other though. Still great work and looking forward to that second squad!

Wow, this army quickly became a fav as I read through the thread. Very impressive work! I love the depth of your bronze, and the OSL and effects are awesome. The crests are just pure awesomesauce served up on an awesomesauce platter.

Thread definitely followed. Amazing job, frater.

Archived