Enter the Minotaurs - A Minotaurs WIP Blog

Asterion Moloc

My totally legit grimdark love for you waneth not.

And carve a bit of crest out, it's horsehair (and need not be in pristine condition - this is not Enkomi's first fight is it?). Fit is very important.

• 4 weeks later...

Long time since I have been able to work on my Minotaurs project!

Have been a lot of time getting my scenery and gaming table together and also doing stuff around the house. But the Minotaurs have not been forgotten. I have been working on a remake of my Librarian 'Lycurgon' in Terminator armour. Every previous attempt at modelling this, has fallen short of personal expectation until today.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UP4h-Nv94FQ/T7exyBB4zNI/AAAAAAAABbs/Tp2LQrars44/s1600/IMG_1796.JPG

Still a few things to do on this before I can start painting, but I am already looking forward to working on this, as its a lot better imo than my previous attempts at modelling a Librarian.

Chris

Back into full swing with the Minoaturs now, have added new members to Terminator Squad 'Gerousias' and will be adding greenstuff insignias and the second cyclone missile launcher shortly.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9m672NHZpTE/T7zeqQBxt1I/AAAAAAAABcU/2T_hI9c7Qfk/s400/IMG_1830.JPG

I also be changing the weapon on Librarian Lycurgon (under advice), it won't be a spear and will probably be built out of plasti-card.

Thanks for looking,

Chris

I haven't looked for a while and I'm in awe!!! Amazing stuff here Asterion Moloc - what happened to the Contemptors? They looked EPIC!!! Not to mention the SH termie conversions!

Just in case you're interested, we are running a painting competition called "E TENEBRAE LUX" in the forums CHAPTERS OF THE ADEPTUS ASTARTES, CHAOS LEGIOS and VIVE IMPERIUM. Maybe you are interested to join the efforts of your Index Astartes brothers? That would be motivation for you and we are going to get to see more of your fantastic stuff during the summer? What say you? ;)

@ Captain Semper - I think a deadline is just what I need to get this project moving a little faster. I will check out the competition properly once I finish work this afternoon. As for the Contemptors, they are still alive and about, but just not a priority right now. I have been suffering from two problems these last two months: Shiny toy syndrome and the want/need to get my gaming table complete ;)

As for the Contemptors, they are still alive and about, but just not a priority right now.

OK, I'll pretend I didn't read that. ;)

Look forward to see you in the E TENEBRAE LUX! ;)

E Tenebrae Lux Challenge Accepted

“I Asterion Moloc answer the challenge of the Unforgiven and vow to complete:

Librarian in Terminator armour with Storm shield

10 Terminators with two cyclone missile launcher & two chain fist

2 Rifleman Contemptor dreadnoughts

2 Predators with Heavy blotters

1 Caestus Assault Ram

1 Achilles Pattern Land Raider

from Codex: Space Marines of total value 1630 on or before August 15. Success will bring eternal glory to The Minotaurs and failure will doom me to bear the sign of damnation until the year-end”

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad205/DiStudios/IMG_1833.jpg

Can we please have an army shot ??

I will try and get a decent army shot on the newly painted table by end of week, all the figures won't be painted but at least it will show the Minotaurs 'in full force' if that makes sense. Glad you are liking the figures and am grateful for the response ;)

With thanks,

Chris

Oh jeebus, an assault ram in this army blog? I cannot wait to see WIPs of that beauty

I got it as a Christmas present, but have still not opened it, the gf has pretty said use it or lose it, so if I don't get it done, I won't be getting any more FW goodies as gifts again :(

So for the good of getting more FW resin in the future, I must get it done :P

This is some of the best work I've seen :P.. It is truly inspiring :(

Could you please tell how you did the finished armours? (you posted a recipe at the beginning of the topic.. but it seems like it changed quite a bit (added some blue-ish tones etc). I could really use this kind of armour colour on some of my guys :D.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the fantastic work!

This is some of the best work I've seen :P.. It is truly inspiring :(

Could you please tell how you did the finished armours? (you posted a recipe at the beginning of the topic.. but it seems like it changed quite a bit (added some blue-ish tones etc). I could really use this kind of armour colour on some of my guys :D.

Thanks in advance, and keep up the fantastic work!

Thanks for the kind comments, here is the recipe I use for the army. I have not used any blue in this army bar the glow effects on the melta weapons so perhaps you mean the verdigris?

VMC - Vallejo Model Colour, GW - Games Workshop

Base colour - VMC Bronze

Two coats of GW Devlan Mud

One coat of GW Badab Black

Highlight - VMC Bronze

Highlight - VMC Old Gold

Final Highlight - GW Chainmail Silver

Verdigris - VMC Black Green thinned down with glaze solution

I hope this helps :)

Thanks,

Chris

Well done for pledging such a large amount for the challenge brother. The Index Astartes forum may well win the day yet!

As for the models, any more clues on the librarian weapon? I'm tempted to think it might be some form of Greek sword. Like the lovely hacky curvy one they use?

Well done for pledging such a large amount for the challenge brother. The Index Astartes forum may well win the day yet!

As for the models, any more clues on the librarian weapon? I'm tempted to think it might be some form of Greek sword. Like the lovely hacky curvy one they use?

Still toying with ideas, I have experimented with a falcata design before, but it looked a little out of place despite adding some power weapon details to it. I might have no choice but to go the Asterion black spear route...I just have to keep experimenting until I get the right 'look'.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick wip of the new Stormtalon gunship in Minotaurs colours. I have not forgotten my painting vow, but really want to take a crack at painting GW's latest Space Marine vehicle :)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rkp968Hn3cs/T88aFTuuNNI/AAAAAAAABeg/1UWJn2bt_7Y/s1600/IMG_1853.JPG

Thanks for looking,

Chris

Hey mate when did you play the last game??

I show you updated your score to 1/1/0.

I played against a Ork green tide last weekend played by a friend of mine named Ru (very good uk tournament player), got soundly thrashed haha bat rep on blog if you fancy a read :)

Revenge is in the making once I get some more stuff painted up :D

Thanks,

Chris

Quick wip of the new Stormtalon gunship in Minotaurs colours. I have not forgotten my painting vow, but really want to take a crack at painting GW's latest Space Marine vehicle :D

If you do it before the end of the week, you can edit your original vow to include the ST. Do it now!

@Chibasan - Sounds great, more ideas are always welcome!

@TDA - I will get right on it, a full photo shot by the end of week, regardless of painting situation ;)

@ZAchos - Advice taken, I have made a request to add a trio of Stormtalons to the Vow list, looks like I better get cracking with the paint!

Thanks for the support guys, it is appreciated :)

With thanks,

Chris

Archived