Starting Blood Angels

Nikt208

Ok, I know this has been covered a billion times but I would like a bespoke recommendation. I am looking to build a mechanized force which can if need be accommodate jump pack assault troops (lets face it that is the BA's strength). I currently have:

1 x captain with power sword and bolter

1 x 5 man terminator squad

1 x 10 man tactical squad with rocket launcher and flamer

1 x 5 man combat squad with bolters

1 x dreadnought with MM and powerfist

1 x rhino

1 x Baal predator with twin linked assault cannons and heavy bolters.

I am looking to build a mechanized force which can incorporate a diverse range of troops. I like scouts, assault troops, devastators too. Going by what I've read a librarian is a must. Are Death company a must in a 2000 point army?

Thanks

Wow.

First of all, your request is quite general.

Second of all, this may be better placed in the army list question.

Maybe the mods will help this being moved there.

Anyway, I'll give you a pointer to help you out.

Afterwards, I suggest you take a look at the BA army list section where you will find a lot of interesting lists I'm sure.

Alright.

To get an understanding on what you're after I took a look at your profile.

Seems (may not be correct) to me that you are interested in background, yet you want some hints as to what a Mech army of BA would look like.

Basically, you can include pretty much anything you want to build a fluffy army that you enjoy.

However, some elements of the army will work better together.

If you want to play purely mechanized, then anything on foot are a no-no. That rules out devastators and scouts on foot.

If you want to play a hybrid (some foot, some mech), then anything goes.

Alright.

To respond to your question whether Death Company is a must at 2000pts, people will say that if you like the background then "Hell yeah", if you play competitively then maybe not as much.

Death company needs to be handled with finesse (look up various threads on this board regarding Rage and movement), can be "kited" due to Rage, and can easily be substituted by other units that can do the same thing but with more control.

Finally, I recommend you to take a look at Kirby's site "3++ is the new black" for a good overview of Blood Angels and various strong list concepts.

http://kirbysblog-ic.blogspot.com/p/armies...n-articles.html

http://kirbysblog-ic.blogspot.com/p/army-l...ompilation.html

Take a look at the the links on the left side and you'll find a good compilation of information.

Good luck!

/gustmic

Do things which are BA specific. So why not have a librarian dreadnought for your mech army instead of an ordinary librarian. Consider a DC dread too. Sanguinary priests are excellent. Why not put one in terminator armour with your terminators? Take advantage of the fast vehicles. I love the honour guard too, to keep the captain company.

I always have a death company, for flavour reasons.

Archived