new book

Nemisor

it was also suggested (in the 2nd ed codex I think, and via the wording used) that not all the visions are of the final battle with Horus, the marines expoerience the memories of Sanguinius, and the one which happens to be most deeply encoded is his final battle, but it doesnt say that thats the only thing they see, or even that all marines experience his meeting with Horus - they might be seeing the battle with Kabanda at the Eternity Gate, or some nameless skirmish elsewhere in the Heresy...

Per Swallow's other Blood Angels books (may or may not be cannon depending on the fan) Sanguinius' body IS held in stasis. Though I highly doubt they would pillage his remains for blood. That said, the blood that the Sanguinary Priests carry in their veins would have to have been acquired either before or shortly after his death.

In the case of the latter it would go far to explain why the lingering psychic echo of Sanguinius' death has continued to plague the Blood Angels for the last 10k years, that last act being imprinted in his very genetics.

On a totally separate note, as The Primarchs were functionally immortal beings, the practice of sanguination among the Blood Angels could also be the reason Blood Angels are some of the most longest lived of the Space Marines...Or it could just be that Dante always wears his helmet in battle.

Per Swallow's other Blood Angels books (may or may not be cannon depending on the fan) Sanguinius' body IS held in stasis. Though I highly doubt they would pillage his remains for blood. That said, the blood that the Sanguinary Priests carry in their veins would have to have been acquired either before or shortly after his death.

Per Swallow's other Blood Angels books,

Sanguinius' blood is kept in a purified form from all the Priests in a magic cup that gets stolen by a mutant because its only guarded by a pair of automated Heavy Bolters. On the plus side it does make Mutants Laser Proof.

/sigh

(Though I more then freely admit the description of Sanguinius' tomb is totally frackin' AWESOME. ) ;)

I only dislike the fact Swallows books paint the BA as a bunch of IDIOTS, Hey lets invite this rendom doctor to our fortress monastery and give him access to everything What could go wrong... Oh

Who would have thought it would be Fabulous Billy and who would think he is not going to cause dramas.

the only part I did like was the description of Sangys Tomb and the Honour Duel with the Flesh Tearer until the DM fiat.

You're forgetting a contributing factor to it all. It use to be covered in the old Codecies? Bhaal. It's a radioactive waste. And they always pull recrutes from there and with them, damaged DNA. Add in the old Blood of Sang (they did not take any from his dead veins in the old fluff but he had some n the grail left from making initiates) and radioactive damage and then the other 2 things and you get the instablilty.

Maybe his blood helps with the radiation. After all the recrutes no matter how crippled with growths and disfigurement come out golden haired Lanister boys. So maybe it has no effect, or maybe it does in a sutble way. Making you more prone to his death echos.

Maybe his blood helps with the radiation. After all the recrutes no matter how crippled with growths and disfigurement come out golden haired Lanister boys. So maybe it has no effect, or maybe it does in a sutble way. Making you more prone to his death echos.

That is an excellent point and I hadnt thought about it in this context.

Now I dont think I would make a good space marine BUT you know super holy relic that holds the blood of your primarch? MIGHT wanna make it protected against infiltration as well? Im just saying...

snip.... MIGHT wanna make it protected against infiltration as well? Im just saying...

And that is the theme of Swallow's books. The Blood Angels had 10k years of pride and arrogance to overcome. A lesser chapter would not have survived.

Yup and its a shame that it just doesnt mesh terribly well with our established Chapter Personna :/ But I Am Getting dangerously close to Swallow-Hate! and so I believe it prudent I disengage XD

Archived