Bionic Marines

Technoscream

Glad you guys like them so far. Yes the master of the forge will hopefully be something special, here are two MoTFs I have built in the past (they are not part of this army & have long been sold):

The servo arms with the chain blades will not be getting a bottom lip as its simply not needed, they are just a cutting tool equivalent to the marines combat knife. These are just tactical marines, so I dont want to give them anything that would make them appear not to fit their in game rules/stats.

No Iron Bar, I dont plan to paint them as Iron Hands, im pretty sure im going to use a dark(ish) blue armour with metallic trim ....so somewhere inbetween Iron Hands and Ultramarines actually. I need to keep the scheme quite simple as im a much better modeller than I am a painter.

Yep Olgerth Istaarn, I have re-purposed a couple of the missile arms, but soon ran out, so most of those are scratch built. I like the end product, but its a lot of work for such a tiny thing!

Whoa, very nice! Could you show us how you did the servo arms? And the conversion beamer on the second MotF? Can't wait to see more

Servo arms are litterally scratch built from plasticard, I just roughly replicated the shapes found on the servo arm from the missile devastators back pack. The conversion beamer is easy, its a Multi-Melta devastator arm/gun + the fuel canistor from the battle for macragge starter set, plus some wire/tubes.

What is the ickle tank that the first MOTF is riding on?

It's kit bashed from tracks that I 'borrowed' from a robogear model, with a chasis I made from 40k parts including a rhino side door, and an ammo box.

;)

• 1 month later...
Great looking wokr there! I have been working for a long time on a Steel Confessor's army and you have a good feel for the whole bionic look. I really like the bionic thighs and other leg pieces you have made from scratch. How did you get them to look so good. I have always had real problems cutting and gluing such small white plastic tubing. What's you secret???

Great looking wokr there! I have been working for a long time on a Steel Confessor's army and you have a good feel for the whole bionic look. I really like the bionic thighs and other leg pieces you have made from scratch. How did you get them to look so good. I have always had real problems cutting and gluing such small white plastic tubing. What's you secret???

...Pactice I guess :) I do a lot of of scratch building and converting with plasticard, so I'm quite comfortable with it. I hope to get some decent tools soon, so I can make more accurate cuts than just with my hobby knife/razor saw, and then i should be abel to build some pretty neat models!

Archived