Found a THEME for my Space Marines

bmcsw007

Could be cool if you don't make it corny. ex: Chapter Master is Jack Sparrow and every marine has a bottle of rum.

A bionic parrot for a librarian would be sweet, kinda like the Njal Stormcaller model. And using scabbards and pistols for Assault marines would be cool.

Can't wait to see some WIP pics.

There is some awesome potential here, as long as this doesn't sink into the odd and ridiculous, as Rafen mentioned. For example, the Marine looks outstanding with just the right blend of marine and pirate, but the parrot with shoulderpads looks...umm...silly. Bionic would be cool though.

Best of luck, man. I'd love to see this fella as a mini.

I could honestly see the SW codex lend itself well to an army themed like this.

As to the musket bolters idea, i think that could work if you combine empire handguns w/ boltguns in a kinda similar style to the fancy lasguns of the Vostroyans.

Also, if you were to build your heavy weapons on like swivel mounts or wheeled carriages, especially thunderfire cannons it would really go w/ the theme.

The fluff for this could be really fun too, say maybe they were created during the Heresy by the Emperor to raid ships carrying materiel to fuel Horus' warmachine but to maintain an air of mystery they bore the jolly roger as the Emperor's Privateers or something?

I think a cool fluff story (not trying to take away your thunder red) would be they get separated from a liberation fleet and end up on a savage system where there is no law. So these guys adapt to that and take on a pirate-like attitude and start doing things their own way.

they clearly need to hunt Dark Eldar

and their home should be like a craftworld, a giant pirate ship wreaking havoc on all in it's path

Yes.

And they should totally live in a space hulk. :tu:

I disagree with most ... I think you SHOULD go ridiculous.

Depending on your modeling and painting ability ridiculous can become ridiculously awesome!

Some conversion/themes that come to mind are the K.I.S.S. noise marines and the surfing beach Necron.

Could be cool if you don't make it corny. ex: Chapter Master is Jack Sparrow and every marine has a bottle of rum.

*Trys to resist urge to make Jack Sparrow model*

The only way he decides on what battles to fight is the direction of his compass. :ph34r:

There are quite a few bits you can use for pirate themed marines: SW eye patch head, bionic arms/legs, etc, etc, et voila:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd11/simoncherylm/Iron%20Gods/Sargas.jpg

It could look cheesy but what the hell – it'd certainly be unique. Could have cannon barrel shaped missile launchers, cutlass power swords, Lightning hooks (instead of claws) --- hmm.

;)

{sorry couldn't resist }

Archived