A fresh start

Jim03

Hi, im new here so hope that i am doing everything ok according to board rules (also hope this is the right place to be posting this, if not i am sorry in advance).

Anyways the perpose of this thread is to show off my work and athough i have no pictures to put up right ths second, i will have very soon.

I am currently working on a small marine force that will be led by a librarian, for now anyways. I am trying all new techniques including original source lighting and perhaps some nmm too. My aim is to gain some commision work, not to make a profit but just because i love the hobby alot.

But for now i will show off my work so that the kind people on this forum can see what level i am working at, and i would also really appreciate as much comments and critic as i can get as it will only in turn make me a better painter/modeller.

Well i guess enough ranting has been done

Jim

Hi again,

im afraid i only have a very small update so far,

have started on the first combat squad for my force. These will be armed with bolters mainly and for ths combat squad i am thinking plasma cannon, which will be accompanied with a plasma gun or melta gun in the second combat squad to complete the first tactical squad. However i am still unsure what to arm the sergant with, i was thinking standard chainsword and plasma pistol, would love to hear everyne elses views on this though.

well here is a picture to break this wall of text, and i know only a small update but there will be plenty mre following.

gallery_63788_6521_173392.jpg

i have started removing all the mold lines on these marines and i have place cork on the bases just to add a bit a height as i cant stand basic sand bases.

much more to come

Jim

Well artistically it is up to you but a plasma pistol is not that great in game terms. Glad to see you on the power armor side of the house with a fresh start and I'll be posting my own similar thread here soon.

Archived