Old Sammael @ Games Day.

ellis_esquire

Hi all just got back from a great day at Games Day. The only DA thing around was this guy:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/305/011yrh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/126/012ik.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im guessing he was the finecast mold! What might not be apparent from the average shots is that Sammy is getting a bit of new detailing, particuallry on the exhaust pipes!!

Had to share!

Isn't that just the original jet-bike model, then the scaled up one to sculpt the Sammael body? I haven't gotten the model in hand often (and never really thought to look at the tail pipes), but it doesn't look that much different.

Still very cool that it was on display and hopefully it does mean that they are working on something with it, Finecast or otherwise.

I think that there is some detailing on the exhaust pipes, it's just hidden by his cloak. Aren't the exhaust pipes always covered by the lead cloak as an integral part of the miniature? There does appear to be some detailing there based on pictures that I've been able to find of the miniature, but like I said, I don't have one of them right here in front of me.

I'm still holding out hope that this means they are looking at doing something else with this miniature though.

I'm still holding out hope that this means they are looking at doing something else with this miniature though.

Jetbike SQUUUUUAAAAAAAAAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here's hoping :)

They probably just wanted to show the seat etc without Sammy on it :lol:

Jetbike SQUUUUUAAAAAAAAAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! here's hoping :)

They probably just wanted to show the seat etc without Sammy on it :lol:

I'm still wondering why we want or even need a jetbike sqd. Will they do anything different than a bike sqd w/tires?

I wasn't trying to argue or prove anyone wrong, I think it is really cool that they showed the way models are made at GW, with multiple copies of different concepts, and building on each piece separately. It appears that they create models in a very similar way that a bunch of people here use plasticard and green stuff, which is cool, IMO. They really should have made Sammael a separate bit completely so that you could actually see the detail they worked into the piece.

E_E, thanks a bunch for posting those shots, and I apologize for not saying it earlier. I'm going to keep up hope that it may mean something else for our next set of models.

Those are indeed just the various developmental stages of the current Sammael model. Nothing new here to see(unless you haven't already seen pics of these of course). :HQ: Past rumors point to it not being likely that we'll see anything related to the DA until late June 2012, if even that early, but you never know.

Those are indeed just the various developmental stages of the current Sammael model. Nothing new here to see(unless you haven't already seen pics of these of course). ^_^ Past rumors point to it not being likely that we'll see anything related to the DA until late June 2012, if even that early, but you never know.

Killjoy :HQ:

Sounds realistic, and suitably cynical ;)

s

Killjoy ;)

Sounds realistic, and suitably cynical ;)

s

;) I've just seen them before. I think they were in White Dwarf just before/after the release of the Sammael model, but I understand why everyone might not read WD and know that. :P Figured I would nip this in the bud, as there is no need for false rumors to spread(or for people getting their hopes up over nothing). I am pretty sure Sammael is going to come out in Finecast(I think I saw that on a release list somewhere), but there is nothing for DA on the near horizon according to the near nonexistent bits of info that are out there. I can't recall seeing any of the DA special characters on any upcoming Finecast release lists though.

Yeah its the same allright...

I really dont care if they release sammy in finecast i have my mountain of metal allready.Plus finecast is light,you cant whack your sleazy opponent on the head with it when he makes stupid remarks!None is better than sammy in this(well the old ved dread might but i dont have one of those).

If they do though heres to hopping on no miscasts(who am i kidding?).

I'm just like Vazzy, except I haven't built mine yet. I'll stick with the metal one for now, no need to buy 2 of the same model for my proposed RW army.

Also, Sammael in Finecast was already mentioned, here's the link:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=231450

I really don't see a jetbike squad. If you follow the old fluff, Sammy has the only jetbike left in the imperium.

That has been discussed extensively.Its not the last,its one OF the last according to the dex.Whether that means the successor 2nd company leaders,or that the DA have a hoard of them in the rock its left in veil for now.

I'm still wondering why we want or even need a jetbike sqd. Will they do anything different than a bike sqd w/tires?

No real reason... But then again why would BAs want or even need Vanguard, Sanguinary Guard AND Honour Guard? No real reason - but a fine opportunity to produce some cool looking models! I can live with that! ;)

Also, Sammael in Finecast was already mentioned, here's the link:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=231450

Good news! I hope they do this fast!

That has been discussed extensively.Its not the last,its one OF the last according to the dex.Whether that means the successor 2nd company leaders,or that the DA have a hoard of them in the rock its left in veil for now.

Correct. A jetbike squad (even as a 0-1 option) would be cool despite any conflict with previous fluff or any real tactical need! Since individual codices have to strech every ounce of background and then some just to justify their own existance at least we can enjoy some cool models along the way...

EDIT: And I'd rather have a squad of jebikes than riders on giant Lions ;)

Archived