Old Sammael @ Games Day.

ellis_esquire

I've never truly understood why jetbike technology wasn't in use by the Imperium when they clearly possess the same or similar tech with other vehicles. I mean a landspeeder is just a bigger version of the bike and every ship that enters an atmopshere most possess some sort of anti-grav drive. So fluff wise I wouldn't have an issue if the unforgiven chapters had some small supply of jetbikes. Perhaps as a command squad or something.

The problem with the admech,is that they are really good at copying and replicating,not actually creating.

There have been instances where some spark of innovation has hit a magos and led to a breakthrough but there are also 100 more times that said breakthroughs were considered heretical and were burned alongside the magos.

Also i have read in a novel i think,that the mechanicus considers STC pieces as is.If a modification is made its considered a violation of the 'holy bible of technology'.Exceptions like the LR crusader exist,but that comes either through political pushes or thorough testing to ensure the 'purity'of the design.

Such tests might take a couple of centuries.

• 1 month later...
Not sure if someone has already seen/posted this but Sammael is now available for advance order in finecast http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...Id=prod1160104a

shame we can only buy 5 at a time :)

the site has limited Sammael in fincast(maybe only in the au site bit still) "Due to high demand, each Citadel Finecast product is limited to five (5) per customer."

Having labored over his metal incarnation because I feared the finecast was never to be made, I was somewhat unhappy at this turn of events. But its okay because I can buy Sicarius and turn him into one of us more easily now. :)

Archived