Removing Jump Packs..

Bomma

If you remove jump packs from an assualt squad.. do you then HAVE to buy them a cheap transport? Or is it just that you CAN buy them a cheap transport?

I want to run 10 assualt marines without jump packs, priest and librarian in a Stormraven..

B.

You can remove the jump packs to be able to put the full squad in the Stormraven without having to buy a transport.

But if you do have points to spend you could buy a Razorback for 20pts (-35pts for removing the JPs) and have a mobile heavy bolter. You dont have to put the squad in it of course and you can not put any other squad in it during deployment. But afterwards it can act as transport for any other unit, which could come in handy.

You can remove the jump packs to be able to put the full squad in the Stormraven without having to buy a transport.

But if you do have points to spend you could buy a Razorback for 20pts (-35pts for removing the JPs) and have a mobile heavy bolter. You dont have to put the squad in it of course and you can not put any other squad in it during deployment. But afterwards it can act as transport for any other unit, which could come in handy.

That but substitute the Hb for a Hf.

It's optional, not compulsory.

Dont have my dex on me now, but im convinced this is incorrect.

Can anyone confirm/deny ?

Codex pg 89 - The squad can remove its jump packs to count as Infantry. It can then have any Dedicated Transport at a 35 point discount (see page 90)

It's optional, not compulsory.

Dont have my dex on me now, but im convinced this is incorrect.

Can anyone confirm/deny ?

Codex pg 89 - The squad can remove its jump packs to count as Infantry. It can then have any Dedicated Transport at a 35 point discount (see page 90)

Hells bells!

:)

You learn something new every day. Thats awesome.

It's awesome...but a waste of points. :) That "35 point discount" represents the cost of the jump packs. Honestly if you do this, consider taking a cheap Razorback and giving it to some other unit. The Assault Team can still start embarked in the SR while the Razorback will have to deploy empty.

It's awesome...but a waste of points. :( That "35 point discount" represents the cost of the jump packs. Honestly if you do this, consider taking a cheap Razorback and giving it to some other unit. The Assault Team can still start embarked in the SR while the Razorback will have to deploy empty.

Or just take a load of free drop pods and land them right in front of the enemy gun line to obscure their LOS :)

Archived