Argel Tal

slaine69

I been wanting to do a piece like this since I read the first heretic, I tried to encorperate the mark IV armour design into his possessed form, I'm gonna be offline til the 13th so cheers ahead for any comments and enjoy the picture hope you dig it

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2011/270/d/e/argel_tal_by_slaine69-d4b2spi.jpg

You know the drill, mate: it's awesome. Great use of the Mark IV, as far the armour is concerned.

I do have some doubts about the head, it looks a bit wolfish. I can see how it derives from Mark IV, but I'd try a more FW Khorne Berserkers approach, incorporating the mouth into the faceplate more soberly (I know, it's a bad term when talking daemons).

Just a question, and this is in no way a critic to your drawing: the spikes on the drawing, are they jutting from his shoulder pauldron?

Again, very well done. You can see this guy is in command. Keep it up.

You know the drill, mate: it's awesome. Great use of the Mark IV, as far the armour is concerned.

I do have some doubts about the head, it looks a bit wolfish. I can see how it derives from Mark IV, but I'd try a more FW Khorne Berserkers approach, incorporating the mouth into the faceplate more soberly (I know, it's a bad term when talking daemons).

If you remember from the book it describes that his helmet cracks open at the grill and continues to open into a mouth filled with fangs. The way its explained it sounds like his drawing is acurate for the most part, but thats my memory of it.

Absolutely brilliant!

Did justice to one of my favorite characters in one of my favorite books. Nice work!

That helm is absolutely perfect, reminds me slightly of the head of one of the old D&D Glabrezu demons perhaps, but I don't see particularly a "wolf" in it, just a toothy daemon maw! Absolutely freaking brillant!!!

~BtW

I dont know why, but something is off about him, the design doesnt look right to me. It's probably because I imagine him differently, but something is up with it.

Other than that, I have to say, fine work again. I may do own version of him soon.

Archived