Ultramarine 1st, 2nd & 10th companies

neo06660

Here you will find new pictures of my Ultramarine Army. I project to recreate the 1st, 2nd & 10th company of Ultramarines. Actually my army worth approx. 6000 points but will be closed at about 8000 +. I have a lot of work still left to do but essentially i have those completed:

- Agemman in pw armor (Ctp 1st company)

- Sicarius in artificer armor (Ctp 2nd company)

- Antilochus (Ctp 10th company)

- Chaplain in TDA

- Squad I of 2nd comp. (tactical)

- 2nd comp command squad

- Sicarius Razorback

Actually I'm working on Calgar and after that i ll work on tactical squad II.

Please feel free to comment, i would like to know what i should do better or not.

P.S. I'm not realy good at converting...i m trying to work on this but if you have some tricks it would be apreciated.

Enjoy

Here is the HQ of the 3 companies, alltogether:

gallery_63842_6526_164772.jpg

Here comes more pictures of the HQ captains. Right now I plan to build a new 1st company captain in TDA. I will upload picture of the tactical squad 1 and command squad of 2nd company soon: the picture I have to date show models unbased. I will also put the chaplain in TDA.

You will see some pics of my razorback also: note that this one as been totaly repainted of a real sloppy first attemps (8 years ago) and brought back to a relatively acceptable level.

Finaly a first pic of my command squad

Enjoy (or not) and please comment, i want to improve.

(for basing, I know my stuff are simple, the fact is i want to have uniformity considering the futur display board i ll build, but some will be more detailed)

Sicarius

gallery_63842_6526_12828.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_151720.jpg

Agemman

gallery_63842_6526_64348.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_41627.jpg

Antilochus

gallery_63842_6526_60863.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_238713.jpg

2nd company razorback

gallery_63842_6526_106723.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_424702.jpg

2nd company command squad

gallery_63842_6526_182725.jpg

O.K you asked about doing the whole chapter in a different thread if they look this good I say go right ahead and ignore what I posted.

Wow just wow.

Yea in fact my whole chapter will looks pretty much like this...in fact i usually take 3 to 10h per models. There are a couple (about 20) of them that are repaints from an ugly previous version but the final result is prety close to those one.

Ok here comes more pics of the 1st company Chaplain in TDA, more of the 2nd comp command squad, some pics of the first chapter master's honor guards and finaly a look of the first tactical squad of 2nd comp. Pics are tested with a new BURNING backdrop wich gives hard to do a good job pics in the end. I need to tweak the colors and the contrast very hard to get a good picture. Probably my 3.2 mpx cam doesn t help for good results....anyway, here the come:

Chaplain TDA

gallery_63842_6526_98787.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_182983.jpg

2nd Command

gallery_63842_6526_95719.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_254191.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_93980.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_19696.jpg

Chapter Master's Honor guard

gallery_63842_6526_72627.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_7891.jpg

2nd comp tactical squad I

gallery_63842_6526_86452.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_70561.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_76186.jpg

gallery_63842_6526_13858.jpg

Again, thanks for watching and commenting.

Calgar will be done by the end of next week so you may see him next week somehow.

Yesterday I received the part for my new captain Agemman in TDA. The only things left to get in are the shoulder pads and some icons to add some kick to it. Just to gives an overview, he s gonna be somehow a captain with deamon hammer and harm mounted storm bolter (taken from GKTs) and with FW add ons. I m going to try to add some details with GS but it s hard to work with.

Looking sharp man. ;) Don't sweat the mold lines, I'm a total shocker for forgetting them on my guys too. :blink:

It's such a bummer when your on the third layer and you see you've left them on the INSIDE of the leg. *facepalm.

As an old gamer being drawn inexorably towards the ultras... nice paint jobs!

Would you share your gold recipie?

Looking sharp man. ^_^ Don't sweat the mold lines, I'm a total shocker for forgetting them on my guys too. :ermm:

It's such a bummer when your on the third layer and you see you've left them on the INSIDE of the leg. *facepalm.

As an old gamer being drawn inexorably towards the ultras... nice paint jobs!

Would you share your gold recipie?

of course i will.

it s easy

-Basecoat with scorched brown

-after Apply a layer of shinning gold ---> What i do is put paint on the brush and after put the tip of the brush in the water when you see a little golden circle in water you remove the brush (must be quick)

-wash with devlan mud

-finaly highligth with a mixt of mithril silver and shining gold (bit watered as for gold)

it will let a pretty dark golden effect with highlights that are not TOO silvery

very nice painjob you got there.

As an Ultramarine myself, i tend to be very critic when i see them, but your passed the test by far.

Specially love the rhino and your aggeman conversion. Never pictured him with a TH o be honest... xD

And mold line, old nemesis to us all... xD happens to everybody!

keep it up brother!

very nice painjob you got there.

As an Ultramarine myself, i tend to be very critic when i see them, but your passed the test by far.

Specially love the rhino and your aggeman conversion. Never pictured him with a TH o be honest... xD

And mold line, old nemesis to us all... xD happens to everybody!

keep it up brother!

thanks for the comments! Just to say that i've been working on Agemman in TDA maybe i ll slip a picture when i receive my forge world ultras shoulder pads.

My only criticism is that the tactical squad can't have both the flamer and plasmagun, and that the plasmagunner has a terminator honour, which no line marine would have

You are totaly right, i can't argue with that one. The fact is that when i started my collection, i had no intension to play but to build a large display with 2 races. Considering that, it was not important for me to respect the codex. Now i do care about so my other squad are technically consistent with codex. As I m building the 1st and 2nd comp, i will probably transfert the plasma marine in the first squad of 1st company when i ll get to build sternguards. For now i concentrate on 2nd company and my 40 termies of the 1st.

Thanks for the comment, i appreciate.

Today I want to share with you my army list up to now for all the companies, so you will know what may comes next and maybe you will help me chose wich one i paint next.

1st company

-Marneus Calgar (TDA) - painted

-Chapter's honor guards (5) - 1 done 4 to go

-Capt Agemman (PWA) - painted

-Capt Agemman (TDA) - in construction

-Chaplain (TFA) - painted

-Command squad

-Vanguard Assault veterans (JP) x 10

-Vanguard Assault veterans x 10 (2 squads)

-Terminators squads x 20

-Assault Terminators squads x 20

-Librarian (TDA)

-Dreadnought

2nd company

-Captain Sicarius - painted

-Command squad - painted

-Tactical squad 1 - painted

-Tactical squad 2

-Tactical squad 3

-Tactical squad 4

-Assault squad 1 (5 men)

-Assault squad 2 (5 men)

-Devastator squad 1 (5 men)

-Devastator squad 2 (5 men)

-Razorback with HB - painted

-2 Dreadnoughts

10th company

-Captain Antilochus painted

-Sergeant Telion

-Scouts snipers squad (9 men)

-Scouts close combat squad (5 men)

-Scouts shotgun (4 men)

-Scouts bolter (4 men)

-Scouts HV bolter (1 men)

-Land speeder storm

I also have a bunch of orks coming in but as it is as SM forum, i won't post them here (sadly)

So if you want to give me some suggestion on what i should paint/build next, go on!. What is on my desk is telion wich I greenstuffed a bit for repairs and fitings, calgar wich is blue and brown painted and Agemman in TDA who wait for is shoulder pads.

Have good day.

You write this then make me wait for pics?? What is this!

I realy wanted to finish it all last night but with baby sleeping, i didn t wanted to get out all the photo set up and the sharp lights. I ll do it today, I'm also impatient to post it !

Archived