Angels of Vengeance Lord Tiberias

Stu Phoenix

Greetings Brothers!

Just finished this guy over the weekend and thought I'd let you all have a spy, the idea was to create from bitz, a Company Master or such like for the Angels of Vengeance:

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/f/f2/Angels_of_Vengeance_Marine.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/a/ac/AngelsOfVengeanceSymbol.png

With that in mind I wanted him to be quite powerful looking, like a miniature dreadnought and wield a mighty 2 handed hammer, at the same time I also wanted him to be wearing the signature robes of the Dark Angels but in red as I feel this best reflects the AoV iconography. This posed the question, how to make robed marine in terminator armour with fairly average greenstuffing skills?

Well I think I succeeded fairly well, without further ado I'll let you see him! :P

gallery_54609_6527_299283.jpg

gallery_54609_6527_161037.jpg

gallery_54609_6527_164078.jpg

Thanks for looking!

P.S I actually took pictures throughout the conversion process If anyone's interested, to save me time linking to them individually I'd ask you to go here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...&album=6527

and set sort by upload date, ascending, at the bottom of the page for the right chronology.

P.P.S if anyone has any questions about his creation/painting, please feel free to ask!

Wow - what an epic pose!! I'm not a lover of dread-shins-as-shoulderpads, having said that I can't fault anything else and it is beautifully put together/converted and painted - particularly the red robe.

Cheers

I

Thanks! The red robes were actually a fairly simple recipe due to me lacking many paints ;)

If your interested:

1. Scab Red basecoat

2. wash Badab Black into recesses and lightly onto the extruded parts

3. Scab Red highlight

4. 50:50 Scab Red/Blood Red highlight

5. pure Blood Red Highlight

6. another light wash of Badab Black to blend it all together

The paintjob is good but...why did you use the normal power armored robed legs...? He looks very...squat.

Thanks, couldn't afford the microarts ones (£10 for 1 set of legs I'd use?), and don't have the skills to robe regular terminator legs, however he is actually the same size as regular terminator.

The paintjob is good but...why did you use the normal power armored robed legs...? He looks very...squat.

Thanks, couldn't afford the microarts ones (£10 for 1 set of legs I'd use?), and don't have the skills to robe regular terminator legs, however he is actually the same size as regular terminator.

Well it works out, but if the torso robing is anything to judge by, I think you could robe the legs just fine :cuss

Archived