To Scale or not to scale?

Brother Melice

ok, so I successfully came to a complete halt with my Sons Of Gorgon army, due to alot of factors, not enough time form real life, burned out, and BORED out of my scull with a DIY chapter with a cheesy flluff.

I had an idea to build a True Scale Nathaniel Garro model, and he is underway, but i found something hopefully to bring that spark back. I love the concept of a true scale army, the sstonished look of dread from opponent at a game, and they just look badass.

What I can not make up my mind on, is what chapter to build in True Scale???

I deff want loyalists, (sorry Chaos Gods) but also do not want to build an army that has been done, so, I know of these armies done in True Scale:

Alpha Legion -Migsula

Night Lords- Doghouse

World Eaters- Doghouse, Synapse

Ultramarines -Apologist

Luna Wolves-

Sons of Horus- Apologist

Blood Angels-

Dark Angels-

Black Templars- Sersi

Space Wolves

Scythes of the Emperor

Howling Griffons- Synapse

That's all I know. So the thing for me is to find a chapter that has not been done in True Scale, and has lots of fluff and info that I can work off.

I'm thinking:

Iron Snakes +

Legio Bolter and Chainsword

Pre Heresy Emperor's Children +

Red Scorpions +

Minotaurs +

Pre Heresy Salamanders

Imperial Fists +

Iron Warriors ++

Pre Heresy Dark Angels +

What are your suggestions? any other chapters?

I'd love to see some PH Emperors Children, but there's one issue, and it what has stalled my own TS project. True Scaling PH armies means PH armour marks, meaning mucho GS work. But if you're handy with GS, I think the ECs would turn out awesome. My backup vote is for the Red Scorpians.

Cheers,

Jono

synapse did Pre-Heresy World Eaters and that chapter with the quartered yellow/red scheme (can't remember the name right now), both in Truescale, though they were a bit bigger that other truescale projects.

Off the top of my head, what I have never seen before in Truescale are Salamanders, and I've never even seen a Pre-Heresy Salamander army in any scale.

I'd love to see some PH Emperors Children, but there's one issue, and it what has stalled my own TS project. True Scaling PH armies means PH armour marks, meaning mucho GS work. But if you're handy with GS, I think the ECs would turn out awesome. My backup vote is for the Red Scorpians.

Cheers,

Jono

The Pre Heresy Emperors Children are actually on the bottom of my list, as there was Pre Hersey Emperor's Children army done, and I see it almost impossible not to pledurize from Proximity (that's the guy's Nick on Dakka) Secon, you are right about armor marks being a n issue, but I like a challenge, Any way I'll leave that idea for the last.

synapse did Pre-Heresy World Eaters and that chapter with the quartered yellow/red scheme (can't remember the name right now), both in Truescale, though they were a bit bigger that other truescale projects.

Off the top of my head, what I have never seen before in Truescale are Salamanders, and I've never even seen a Pre-Heresy Salamander army in any scale.

Were not the Salamanders the same back then??? As Ultramarines and Blood Angels? any way? Im already running a 1850 something like 12 melta list :cuss

But Added to the list.

Also I'll be adding a plus for every chapter that gets s vote.

I've seen Death Guard, Space Wolves and Luna wolves all done in truescale. At the end of the day mate I wouldn't worry about doing something that someone else has already done.

If you do want to do something a little more different one of the second list is probably the best way to go. Don't rule out the pre-heresy guys that are already being done though mate, there are so many companies in each Legion that you still have plenty of room to play around. :P

Minotaurs are going to be getting a lot of love in the new IA book set on a penal world so they'll be getting more info I expect.

I've seen true scale Darj Angels, both on Warseer and my own army - I just don't post pic's that much :lol: and it also depends on your view - there are as many versions of 'true scale' as there are TS armies.

I like to call mine 'enlarged' marines - still use the normal legs, but with spacers and bulked armour.

If you want to go for something that hasn't been done and are staying wioth a loyalist stance, might I be so bold as to venture the following possiblities:

Heresy-Era Iron Hands

Heresy-Era Raven Guard

Both very distinct armies and a whole raft of possiblities.

If you're open to the tainted persuasion, I'd say Heresy-Era Word Bearers - very few of those if any in TS and a real possiblity for granite grey, script work and flaming braziers - potentially Grey Knights with a darker sinister tone :)

Yes! You've finally gotten the True-Scale bug!

If anything I would suggest Iron Snakes (I'm re-reading the Brothers of Snake novel for the 3rd time, I love it). I still want to make a "normal" scale force but would love to see someones take on them in TS.

That or Scythes of the Emperor (smaller numbers so its faster to get an army together). Actually I think someone already did them in True Scale, I just cant remember who ;)

Maybe Minotaurs, they seem very interesting from a fluff perspective. Everyone's doing some kind of Charcharodons force so avoid them haha

I've been fighting the True Scale bug for a long time, but talking with Doghouse, Mikhail, and some snooping around sites on them, have got me beat..

I'd like to avoid black armor chapters, mainly because i think black armies are over done, every where you look, every one and their grand ma runs a black power armor army, so no no to black templars or any other chalpain-envy chapters.

Im not really worried about them being shot up because they stick out, I'm not a very good gamer, so a marine lost, marine made his save, is not a big deal, i'm still loosing :P

Imperial fists is up for consideration now...

Imperial Fists, all the way. Hells yes. That soooo gets my vote!

On a side note, I would kill a Custodian in front of the Emperor Himself to see some True Scale Iron Warriors. That would be a sick army.

Lol, no brother, I was just saying how much I'd love to see an Iron Warriors Army in Truescale that I would do something terrible to make it happen, like killing a Custodian. :yes:

But now that you mention it...hmm...

Lol, no brother, I was just saying how much I'd love to see an Iron Warriors Army in Truescale that I would do something terrible to make it happen, like killing a Custodian. :P

But now that you mention it...hmm...

That's what I'm currently working on right now funnily enough. :)

I'm not in love with the Iron Warriors myself, never liked their fluff, but I would be a flaming fool if I did not recognize all the modeling potential from starting a force of them.

So, I will pitch them into the vote, and even though they are leading right now, they will be at the bottom of my consideration list. Sorry guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived