Equipping Sanguinary Squads

The_Excubitors

From an earlier thread, I recall reading a suggestion that if you place a Power Fist and a Banner in your squad you should put them on the same model.

Just my 2p worth.

I am curious as to the logic of doing this, making a model that goes down with 40 points of upgrades versus two models that may have a tad more luck so you don't lose both in one unlucky failed save.

If it's a SG squad in a Nipplewing army, go with Fist and 2x Infernus. It gives you the ability to threaten tanks somewhat and breaks up your wounds into two separate initiative steps so wound allocation or some lucky invulnerable saves are less likely to cause problems.

In an army that isn't all SG, I'd probably just run them with the Fist, adding Pistols only if I had spare points.

I am curious as to the logic of doing this, making a model that goes down with 40 points of upgrades versus two models that may have a tad more luck so you don't lose both in one unlucky failed save.

I think the idea is that if you're taking four or fewer wounds, you don't have to put anything on the Banner/Fist and thus aren't risking losing him. Personally, I would rather split them up because the two upgrades will have different relative values in different situations (and thus you will variously be willing to risk one or the other of them), but there's an argument to be made for the other way around. I think it's putting too many eggs in one sub-basket, though.

Archived