Pre-Heresy Blood Angels

Lestat

Some very nice job, frater.

2 questions :

- Where did you find, the bare head with gas mask and targeter ?

- Where do you buy your 0,5mm steal balls ? Can't find any 8(

Thanks and carry-on this way !

Btw and I understand the everchanging tzeeenchian fluff, the aquila symbol were exclusive to EC troops, officers from other legions could wear it (see Garro for example).

DS

After looking at your link, and studying various reference pics I have (the Forgeworld Mk.4, Chaplain Cassius, the AoBR Marine with Mk.4 legs) and a quick search online, there seems to be no definitive yes or no answer to whether I should put the studs on the kneepads. In fact, there seems to be slightly more without the studs on the kneepads.

I think i'll leave the studs for now - otherwise it means drilling out recesses to drop the studs in.

I was just going by what is in the SM codex, shows the studs there.

Ashton

Ahh - theres the problem. My brother currently has my SM codex which I only use for fluff and reference anyway. I'm running these as Blood Angels so havn't needed the SM codex.

I must see if my brother still has it somewhere............

That looks like it will be too much fun to paint. :)

I love Pre-Heresy armys keep it up!!!

Thanks - it's slowly dawning on me just how much I will have to paint! I've got a week off work at the end of November so I guess I will be spending it painting :)

gallery_36289_4629_2652893.jpg
Nice, very nice. Just two questions though, wasn't the Aquila exclusive to the Emperor's Children pre Heresy? Were purity seals popular in the secular 31st millennium?

The EC were given the honour of being the first legion to wear the Aquila, but it was given out as an award to certain individuals within other Legions too. Check out the fluff behind Nathanial Garro.

The MArines of the 31st millenium didn't use purity seals in the same way as those of the 41st millenium. Instead they wrote Oaths Of Moment which were essentially promises to do thier best in the coming battle. For example, it might be to slay 20 enemies in hand to hand combat or to avenge a fallen battle brother.

Some very nice job, frater.

2 questions :

- Where did you find, the bare head with gas mask and targeter ?

- Where do you buy your 0,5mm steal balls ? Can't find any 8(

Thanks and carry-on this way !

Btw and I understand the everchanging tzeeenchian fluff, the aquila symbol were exclusive to EC troops, officers from other legions could wear it (see Garro for example).

DS

The gas mask head was a maxmini part I think. In fact, I'm pretty sure it was.

Look on craft sites for plastic beads - they come in various sizes and colours.

Quixus: the aquilla wasn't exclusive to the EC prior to the heresy, they were just the first ones to receive the honor of wearing it.

^What he said!^

Thank you frater for your answer about Maxmini bitz (in fact I could not find this face in my auld hobbyist bitz mental catalog and it was quite disturbing) !

Hmmmm...

Where do you buy your 0,5mm steal balls ? Pleaaaaaaase ! I can find 1mm one but nothing less. Any site you've got in mind ?

Plastic beads ? No steel ? Are their shapes regular though being plastic ones ?

Cheers

Where did you get the Bolter Sling on the MKIV marine? I need to get some for my tactical squads.

The bolter sling was from the BA Death Company box as was the right arm. I just removed the bolter and replaced it with the FW one.

Thank you frater for your answer about Maxmini bitz (in fact I could not find this face in my auld hobbyist bitz mental catalog and it was quite disturbing) !

Hmmmm...

Where do you buy your 0,5mm steal balls ? Pleaaaaaaase ! I can find 1mm one but nothing less. Any site you've got in mind ?

Cheers

I can't remember where I got the beads from. either did a goggle search for the beads or looked on ebay.

Remember no fursirios (sp) or death coy, they only appear after the heresy
Nope on the Furiosos:
Furioso Dreadnoughts are the most venerable of all. Many bear the scars earned during the Battle for the Emperor's Palace, ten millennia ago.

Hmmmm...

Cheers

I have used glass microbeads instead of steel or plastic to represent rivets. Here's one listing on eBay (or just do a search for microbeads). The one I bought looks very regular in the shape to the naked eye, and there shouldn't be possible to see any irregularities when they are halfway submerged in the model. Hope it helps.

Remember no fursirios (sp) or death coy, they only appear after the heresy
Nope on the Furiosos:
Furioso Dreadnoughts are the most venerable of all. Many bear the scars earned during the Battle for the Emperor's Palace, ten millennia ago.

Thats true - It does state that the Furiosos were in use at the time of the Heresy and so it would be reasonable to assume that they saw service pre-Heresy too (although it's on page 29 :( ).

The Death Company were as a direct result of Sanguinius' death and so were immediately post-heresy.

Quixus: the aquilla wasn't exclusive to the EC prior to the heresy, they were just the first ones to receive the honor of wearing it.

Wrong. The Aquilla was exclusive ONLY to The Children of the Emperor before the Horus Heresy. That is why you see pre heresy marines with an aquilla besides them. You can read it in their index astartes and its also mentioned in Soul Hunter.

The Emperors Children were the only legion to wear the aquilla during the crusade, right before the heresy and most likely during it ( if they were not already warped), period.

What you are referencing as Garro's fluff, he did not wear the aquilla it was a curiass with an eagle, as a symbol, it was a single headed eagle, that and the same fashioned single headed eagle on his back pack unit. No other Legion wore the aquilla, except some primarchs.

sorry to put such a point on it....

Wrong. The Aquilla was exclusive ONLY to The Children of the Emperor before the Horus Heresy. That is why you see pre heresy marines with an aquilla besides them. You can read it in their index astartes and its also mentioned in Soul Hunter.

The Emperors Children were the only legion to wear the aquilla during the crusade, right before the heresy and most likely during it ( if they were not already warped), period.

What you are referencing as Garro's fluff, he did not wear the aquilla it was a curiass with an eagle, as a symbol, it was a single headed eagle, that and the same fashioned single headed eagle on his back pack unit. No other Legion wore the aquilla, except some primarchs.

sorry to put such a point on it....

Right, to clear this up once and for all, the Aquila WAS awarded to and used by The Emperors Children. However, there were certain individuals also awarded with the Aquila and allowed the honour of wearing it on thier armour. This is well documented throughout various Heresy sources and I am pretty sure that FW would have checked this first before releasing models with an Aquila.

And lastly, not to put too fine a point on it, if you wish to have an argument over fluff in a fictional universe, then go elsewhere and NOT use my damn topic for it! It is really starting to piss me off when the replies to my topic are someone else arguing over some small matter of fluff. For Emperors sake, grow up children!

RANT OVER!

Archived