Looking for some ideas

Rizara

hey guys. This is not a typical word bearers dark apostle conversion I am looking for ideas for.

Ok to sum it up, I am creating an army that is using the space wolves rules. This unit will be a wolf priest in game terms. I am using the chaplain model with a skull helm as the basis for my conversion. The army itself will be done in the Chaos Blood Knights color scheme as below.

gallery_1313_2359_1449.jpg

So I am trying to make him still feel like a chaplain, but a little chaosed up, or more precisily khorne influenced. So he will be paintd in the same color scheme as the rest of the army except his helm will be done in bone white. All purity seals are just getting the seal changed to marks of khorne or skulls(still debating this idea) but will still have the litanies. The rosarius is being removed and replaced with a either a mark of khorne on the chain, or a skull(depends on what I decide to do with the purity seals). The winged eagle on his chest has been removed and it is being replaced with a skull overtop of the marking of khorne. The backpack will just be a chaos backpack, but I am leaving the winged skeleton on his shoulderpad as it just looks cool. My biggest challenge and where I need some help with is what to replace the head of his crozius with. I have already removed it so I have to replace it with something, but what?

The few ideas I was thinking of was replacing it with a massive double bladed axe bearing the marking of khorne. I have the axe head from an a black orc but, It just looks to big and out of place. Another idea I had was just simply putting a big mark of khorne in place of the crozius but it seems a little to simple and then I have to make it from plasticard or something. Another idea was giving him a mace look. I could either snag a mace from the fantasy chaos knights, or I can use the dark angel or chaos terminator maces, but these feel too much like a dark apostle. I thought about making a mace using the idea of the mark of khoren and have it basically be two marks of khorne crossing each other, so each side of the mace is basically half a mark of khorne. This last idea sounded the best to me but it seems tricky to make and not sure if would come out good. My sculpting skills are weak and my working with plasticard is limited at best. I much rather replace it with something that I can get a part for, but not sure what.

So any ideas on how to rememedy this would be awesome. I am trying to make him still look and feel like a fallen chaplain. The idea I am running with is that the army is falling to chaos and its because of their chaplains influence. They have slowly started preaching doctrines and principles of khorne and over time the chapter has fallen. I really like the scheme and want to do an official color scheme but probably just going to refer to my army as the Juggernaughts or Blood Crushers instead of the Knights of Blood since GW has made the Blood angel offshoot and changed their color scheme and it seems to be the more prevalent scheme anyways. As for the space wolves ruling it is so I can have a unit of Juggernaught riding Marines and field them as Thunder wolf Cavalry. I am limiting some of the chaos influence in the army and making it a renegade list, but basically my two characters and wolf guard(chosen), and cavalry will have the strongest influence of chaos, while the basic guys will have some influence but only slightly.

A nice idea! Another Chaplain shown the true Way...how fitting *maniacal cackle*

As to the modelling, I think the mace idea is the simplest and best.

And now for some reasoning......Khorne is all about shedding blood and collecting skulls. This is only my reading of it but Khorne would not care if you carried symbols of his might (except for his Mark) ...Khorne judges on DEEDS not WORDS...the number of skulls you collect is most important

Plus, a mace looks freakin' vicious!

Just my tuppence ha'ppeny

Thanks for the feedback. I agree I ended up going with a mace. I actually had the top part complte with the power supply and cable of corteaz's mace. It was on some old bits in my box of some models a friend of mine gave me where he had already converted it and drilled it and it already had all the inquisitor icons removed. So I placed it on the top of the crozius where the winged eagle skull thing use to be. It looks sweet, now I am just awaiting more greenstuff which should be here on monday. I plan to add a mark of khorne tothe front of the mace just because its cool to smash in skull and leave the mark of your god stamped on their forehead. I am thinking for the purity seals I will end up making them skulls of litanies so I will be replacing all the seals with skulls, but keeping the parchment. I also added a skull where the rosarius was at and after some green stuff to add some chains coming from the eyes of the skull so it looks like hes carrying a trophy instead of a rosarius. I will get pics when I get him all converted up if I can remember to take some before I prime him. Trying to take advantage of a 6 day gap between my last class this session of the semester and my next one for the second session. Going to get alot of stuff assembled and primed at least during that window.

Archived