Immolator MKIII

Good day everyone. It's been a bit since I had a new project. And now, with the new Sisters Codex out and my Sisters of Battle army now a thing, rather than an idea it's time for me to get started on some Sisters stuff.

First off. Is a very simple conversion I thought up to replace the old immolator.

I'm a fan of the old one, but the domed weapons mount with a sister sitting inside is just a bit too done for me now.

I've been looking at those old immos for a long enough time and I thought I would take the tank in a new direction.

So here comes the Immolator Mk III

This is such a simple and effective conversion that you yourself could do it at home. :P

First of all you'll need a trusty rhino chassis.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-TbXNZ2cLj3k/ToP3Yj115hI/AAAAAAAAADE/352U_JJe8qI/s400/100_0190.JPG

Mine is painted black, and for some reason has a Tau Drone glued over one of it's hatches. :huh:

Next you'll need a Razorback turret ring, 2 sponson mounted heavy bolters from the new Leman Russ and a new Leman Russ turret.

Attach as so....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qn8U9b2kRF8/ToP3ZhSAORI/AAAAAAAAADU/GRDf0wYfHUs/s400/100_0193.JPG

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NPxEpnK36rI/ToP3ZFmq1RI/AAAAAAAAADM/jTZGrwnxPAI/s400/100_0192.JPG

...And VIOLA! You've a very slick looking Immolator MkIII! You'll have to get 1 Heavy bolter from each side of the Russ, so the shell ejectors are both on the outside when you glue them together. It's also best to trim up the screws and square on the side of the bolters you're gluing so it's a flat surface.

The razorback hole is a bit bigger than the Russ tabby-dealy inside. So i'll probably cut a round 25mm base in half to fit the hole snugly.

Also if you're feeling very industrious you could magnetize the guns in, and swap them with heavy flamers and multi-meltas from the front of the Storm Raven.

Thats all for today. Hope you liked this. Because there will be plenty more SoBs stuff on the way.

:D

Not a bad option, and I think it looks good, but what about picking up a predator instead and using that turret for the conversion? You would be left with some good bits (sponson stuff) and you wouldn't have to bitz order the LR turret.

Hm, perhaps because it would look like a Predator?

Not a bad option, and I think it looks good, but what about picking up a predator instead and using that turret for the conversion? You would be left with some good bits (sponson stuff) and you wouldn't have to bitz order the LR turret.

Hm, perhaps because it would look like a Predator?

As opposed to this which looks like a Rhino with a Leman Russ turret. Also...what Predator have YOU seen that has HBs, Flamers, or Meltas for the main turret weapon? I would hope you couldn't confuse those weapons options with any other common predator. Obviously it would need some further conversion to get the look right.

It was just an idea as it would give you all the parts necessary to complete the turret (at least the HB option because the heavy bolters are in the Pred kit).

This one while looking very good, is also pretty expensive as there are parts that need to be bought separately. The predator kit, with some modifications to the turret, might be more economical.

I suppose either option lends to people confusing it for a predator without sponsons.

However in sisters of battle you can't have predators so the confusion is less likely. (Though if you want to let me have armor 13 in the front that's fine ;))

As far as cost.....yes this is a bit expensive. But buying a $50 tank to make a $36 tank isn't a great option. Plus the heavy bolters from the Predator sponsons would be more of a pain to convert since they are mounted on arms, and have those big ammo packs on the sides.

However I found the turret bits and gun bits on ebay for about $10 dollars all together. The place I bought them from also sold the Storm Raven front guns bitz, which included x2 heavybolters, multi-meltas, and heavy flamers. Which was a bit more but would be pre-converted to fit in the turret and be all the different options you could take for the immolator.

And as far as it looking like a Rhino with a Leman Russ turret, well I didn't want it to look like the remote turrets on the razorbacks or the baroque wierd turrets on the real immolators. It will fit well with the my Exorcists which are made from Whirlwinds. A more techy-military look for the tanks.

Archived