The Prophet's Zealot Word Bearers go berzerk!

The Prophet

Back with some new troops before the coming codex will ruin it all...

med_gallery_25850_1043_83973.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_37037.jpg

And they are angry as hell, trying to set their four rows of teeth into your flesh.

med_gallery_25850_1043_87607.jpg

These three go back to back with their overprized plasma pistols.

med_gallery_25850_1043_1476.jpg

But since they're magnetized, they don't have to care about the shooting until next codex arrives. One of them can instead be the boss and just wield the Fist of Power.

med_gallery_25850_1043_3479.jpg

...or the Executioner's Axe from far future.

med_gallery_25850_1043_17594.jpg

These two are brothers in arms, literally, exchanging their arms for better poses depending upon if the champ wields a powerfist or a poweraxe...

med_gallery_25850_1043_108224.jpg

...or does he? There are nights when the Aspiring Champion leaves the jungle and walk the city streets like an ordinary gene-enhanced master space warrior berzerker. (Oh, and the Daemon Icon backpack is of course magnetized.)

med_gallery_25850_1043_104790.jpg

But no one is as sneaky as his backstabbing brother

med_gallery_25850_1043_30472.jpg

- "Be quiet guys! I haven't stabbed through his ears yet."

These are extremely good! I really like how your painting improves my least favorite helmet variant. :D

What are the apron/ loincloths made of?

I make the loincloths out of green stuff. It took me a while to like it, but now it's the most fun part of converting my word bearers.

I demand close ups of the one with beastman(?) axes. He looks terrifying.

As you wish!

med_gallery_25850_1043_76788.jpg

I think the axe is a chaos termi one with an extended handle rather than a beastman one.....anyway, these are really nice word bearers. The helmets are particularly nicely done. What model are they from?

You probably mean this one.

med_gallery_25850_1043_17594.jpg

You are correct, one of the termi axes on top of parts of the sorcerer lord's staff and parts of a yellow plastic skeleton spear from the stone ages, covered in GS. Helmets, as said, are from the standard CSM kit. Other boxes used on this unit that I remember are chaos warriors, chaos knights, marauders, space wolves and skaven plague monks.

- "Be quiet guys! I haven't stabbed through his ears yet."

That made me laugh.

A awesome unit, as always. What did you do to obtain this paint skill blessing from your dark gods?

I gave up my career, avoided social life and there I was - just above tabletop standard.

Thanks!

That is some fantastic work!

I love the miniscule writing on the loincloths. How did you get it so fine? a single-haired brush??

Beautiful stuff.

I flatten out a small brush and use one of the ends. It's by far the worst part of my painting scheme, but I like the results so I better continue with it.

Archived