Imperial Fist, 5th Company 1st Squad, DONE!

Redfinger

I really like the extra touch on the marine in the 3rd pic where he is holding the bolter at the mag. (Back row 3rd on the right)

Same - thats a great pose, might have to steal that idea!

Perhaps there could be a tiny bit more higlighting on the armour here and there, but its nice clean painting, making it a great looking squad - well done :)

I really like the extra touch on the marine in the 3rd pic where he is holding the bolter at the mag. (Back row 3rd on the right)

Same - thats a great pose, might have to steal that idea!

Perhaps there could be a tiny bit more higlighting on the armour here and there, but its nice clean painting, making it a great looking squad - well done :)

Unfortunately some of the highlighting is washed out because of the poor lighting. I have also have tried not to do any hard edge highlighting like you see on most SM's, I wanted these guys to have a slightly gritty look.

As far as the guy holding the magazine, I have tried to make all my SM's be unique in some way, and I spent quite a bit of time converting legs and re positioning arms to give these guys and the rest of the company, aiming poses, walking poses,tactical poses, only like 3 marines are doing the "Space Marine Two-Step", ya know, lean to right, lean to the left....

Ashton

Very nice they look great the eyes could use something more they look flat. I really like the marine in the 5 pics how did you make or where did you find that hand?

Well it came from 1 of 2 places, either a loose hand from the sanguinary Guard Box, or a loose hand from the Grey Knight Box, both box sets have loose hands in them.

To everyone else thanks for the comments. The yellow was done with Cadmium Yellow, a Windsor and Newton oil based paint.

Ashton

Archived