Army Organisation

Vexicus

Hail Brothers,

I was reading through our codex is evening when i looked at the modifyer Belial and Sammael both bring. Now the wording of it says to me that when you take Belial or Sammael that their respective companys become troop choices AS WELL AS elite /fast attack choices, so does this mean that you can only take 3 squads of terminators or 3 bike squads per game as that is the max choices for elite and fast attack as per the Force Organisation Chart?

Many Thanks

Vex

Not at all.

It means that they may be used in either the Elites/Fast Attack slot or a Troops slot. Allowing up to 9 units to be used (3 Elites/Fast Attack and 6 Troops). Though be wary of Rules Lawyers, they will want to know which three are NOT Troops so that they will become lower priority targets as they cannot hold objectives, just contest them.

It is such improper use of the term "rules lawyer" that confuses people.

Rules Lawyer- somebody who argue rules to their own benefit, not necessarily to clarify them.

The point above has nothing to do with rules layering at all. It is the same as playing against an unfamiliar army and asking your opponent which units are Troops and which are not, such that it is obvious to them how to go about achieving the objectives of the scenario.

Belial allows up to 9 Deathwing Terminator squads in a single army list(3 as ELITES, 6 as TROOPS).

Sammael allows up to 9 Ravenwing Attack Squadrons in a single army list(3 as FAST ATTACK, 6 as TROOPS).

And yes, you should inform your opponent which units are TROOPS and which are not. Otherwise you are a douche bag, tool, etc.

And yes, you should inform your opponent which units are TROOPS and which are not.

I never fully agreed with that. I understand it and for tournaments it is a must, but I've been of the mindset that lists only be exchanged after a battle unless with a new person then it is always helpful to help them out since this is a very complex game and it is better to be a good sport in a game setting. Perhaps it is the soldier in me that doesn't know what was sent against me until it is over and even then it is a guess.

Of course it works both ways too. Especially an army that starts in reserve like Deathwing or Chaos Daemons. Not knowing what's coming until it hits the table adds a dimension to the game that might appeal to more experienced gamers that know and have played against each other. (in retrospect, I should have stated that in my first post. I only play with a close knit group of gamers and none of us are tournament players so we dabble with rules and scenarios a bit. We play new people occasionally but most of those are learners playing at the local game store.)

Now insisting on the secrecy and then not identifying your squads on the pre-made list so that you change it mid-game is cheating pure and simple and that should not be tolerated.

And yes, you should inform your opponent which units are TROOPS and which are not. Otherwise you are a douche bag, tool, etc.

Let's be careful with the mud slinging here please shabbadoo. You are not actually obliged to disclose anything to an opponent apart from what's embarked in what.

Cheers

I

Let's be careful with the mud slinging here please shabbadoo. You are not actually obliged to disclose anything to an opponent apart from what's embarked in what.

Cheers

I

As captain planet says "The choice is yours!" BRB p92 in "A Note on Secrecy"

Archived