Help! Army building for a special mission

Hashmalum

Hi Brothers, I require assistance with setting up a compeditive list for a very special mission, which is essentialy the three standard missions molten into one.

The mission looks as following:

1 Home Objective per Player (worth 3 KP)

4 Objectives (worth 2 KP)

Killpoints

As you see, the mission requires you to kill enemy units as well as contest objectives. Even holding your own home objective gives points.

In consideration of these special mission requirements, I'd ask you to help me with tactics and army design in such an environment.

Should I go for a jack-of-trades army that tries to accomplish all three objectives.

Or a hammer-army that tries to maximize KP?

Or a defensive list, that turtels on objecives and tries to deny KP in the process?

Ok, seems it's not gonna work this way, so let me rephrase the question:

If I needed a Squad that camps in my deployment zone all the time to secure one (or even two) Objectives, what should I settle for?

1. Tactical Squad, 10 Marines strong with either a ML, LC or MM and a Plasmagun

or

2. Assault Squad, 5 Marines strong, a Flamer and a LasPlas-Razorback

Both have their advantages and disavantages in that particular role.

A Tac squad can be easily place in terrain to get a cover save. It is harder to stop it shooting. Most guns comming their way will be inefficient at removing the 10 man squad, especiall when it's in cover.

The Assault Squad on the other hand, is secure against anti-infantry fire, as long as the transport is alive. They also can't run of on a unlucky morale check.

Any oppinions on this?

Archived