The start of a 13th Company/Chaos Wolves project

Axel

Hey everyone, first time posting here on the B&C, been a lurker for a while now and decided that now was the time to start a new WIP thread. Ive been collecting since, oh, 2000-ish and have amassed quite a large amount of little plastic army men in that time, but this is my first time sharing online, so it should be interesting!

After much internal deliberation Ive decided, and the title may tell you, to start up a Space Wolves army, but being a long, long time chaos player I just couldnt leave well enough alone. Long back story short, its like the 13th Company, only they've all but fallen to Chaos, with a really barbaric, almost prehistoric feel to it. I will be using the Space Wolves codex though, mainly because I already have a CSM army, and the SW codex is pretty awesome.

Enough small talk, heres the reason youre all really here. After seeing the new Ogre Kingdoms releases, I knew that I could use that to my advantage. So Ive started with my take on some Thunderwolf Cavalry...

gallery_43476_6549_140678.jpg

gallery_43476_6549_473480.jpg

gallery_43476_6549_532159.jpg

I apologise for the crappy phone pics, but its all i got at the moment.

Future projects for this army are some Blood Claws, Grey Hunters, Wolf Guard, and a Count-as Predator tank out of the new OK Thundertusk (think war mammoth). I cant wait to hear what the interwebs has to say, lemme have it!

@Brother Chaplain Kage - Like the Fell Hand said, its the body of the new Mournfang Cav. from the Ogre range, with a chaos hound's head GS-welded to the front. I'm not 100% on whether or not I like it enough to start the head over, but we'll see. As for the paper, its been moving around my house for years and I finally found a use for it haha!

@the Fell Hand - Thanks! I'd love to see how someone else takes this idea in a different direction. Post some pics if you end up going for it.

Hopefully I can get some more (and better) pics up later tonight for some more C&C

I think the conversion for the mount is solid, but the only two little nitpicks I have with it are that the fur pattern and styling from the head and body don't match and the rhino-like feet could use some changing. Even if you just greentuffed fur over the big toes, it would go a long way towards cementing the conversion and moving away from what the original model was.

I really like it but as Chaplian Kage has said its feet need some stuff done to them. I think GS some claws onto the feet make the model that much better really. Keep up the good work. An those arnt Power armoured legs are they were are they from they look familiar as I have dabbled in fantasy for a few years before doing chaos.

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's true I do need to GS the feet some to get them more wolfy, plan on doing that in the near future.

@SotF - the legs are from the WFB Chaos Knights set, I still need to GS the legs to be more power armor like. So far I've kitbashed fantasy chaos warriors, space wolves and chaos marines together for the majority of my force.

Speaking of the rest of my force, heres some pics of what ive got going now. I took some (hopefully) better pics of my thunderwolf cav, and started on a second one. The second isnt on a base because, well, I dont have more 60mm bases yet. But here we go. Beware incoming pic bomb

gallery_43476_6549_20367.jpg

gallery_43476_6549_102127.jpg

heres the second one

gallery_43476_6549_206980.jpg

gallery_43476_6549_80567.jpg

gallery_43476_6549_7756.jpg

This is what Ive got so far for my wolf guard. They're mostly made from chaos terminators with some fantasy knights. They still need fur... lots of fur

gallery_43476_6549_15935.jpg

Aaaaaaaand heres my Grey Hunters. Im trying my hand at doing Doghouse pattern gothic armor

gallery_43476_6549_296180.jpg

gallery_43476_6549_166868.jpg

Lemme know what you think guys!

Archived