Does anybody remember this?

Brother Immolator

Does anybody remember the old Amiga space hulk?

Were a squad of deathwing terminators were battling geenestealers and half of us had nightmares and the other half heart attacks?

The game was soooooo difficult but you got hooked on it.So many memorable moments.

The spacehulk the deathwing were conducting their operations was named the Sin of damnation....

Anyway if you know it post happy memories!

I never got to play it back in the day myself. Around 6 years ago I did pick up "Vengeance of the Blood Angels" for playstation, it was pretty fun, other than my terminators being red instead of white! :tu:

After 79 views i got a blood angel to respond!

It seems our battle brothers are comprised of the new generation mostly.

Brother Xyon vengence was kind of based on this one.A great game in itself.But good old space hulk was a gleaming diamond of the era.

Its mechanics were so advanced it left awestruck.Not the least to say that when we played at night we crapped our pants!

That's because while you spent your 15 minutes of "free" time playing games during your term as a scout, we were doing extra time on scroll copying. :P

I actually played it for a bit in Dosbox. Got stuck in a training mission, of all things... So I lost interest. :/

Those librarians are workaholics!

Yeeeeeea i remeber this game - i was so scared at the time - how comes the Sergeant has green armour though lol?

I am sure this game was out well before the Plains World incident and White TDA was not in vogue yet.

Yeeeeeea i remeber this game - i was so scared at the time - how comes the Sergeant has green armour though lol?

I am sure this game was out well before the Plains World incident and White TDA was not in vogue yet.

Yeah they probably painted white in game because if it was black or green nobody would see the termies!The game was dark enough.

Then gw probably thought it was cool to have bone white termies hence the short strory.

Speaking of nostalgia, anyone remember the Inquisitor movie? I found it on YouTube. It even has Dark Angels! :P

Ive seen that.And wasnt impressed.GW has a tendency of releasing crappy movies....

Speaking of nostalgia, anyone remember the Inquisitor movie? I found it on YouTube. It even has Dark Angels! :P

Ive seen that.And wasnt impressed.GW has a tendency of releasing crappy movies....

Yeah it wasn't exactly awesome, but it was still kinda cool, sort of, if you squint...a lot.

Ok maybe it wasn't that good after all. Oh well, its still a piece of history.

Yeah they probably painted white in game because if it was black or green nobody would see the termies!The game was dark enough.

Then gw probably thought it was cool to have bone white termies hence the short strory.

Nope, I'm not sure which came first: the Deathwing anthology or the Deathwing expansion for the Space Hulk boardgame, but either way the Plainsworld incident was canon at least 3 years before this computer game came out.

The guy who gives you your orders is the only green guy in the game, everyone else is white.. I think he's possibly the chapter master who is therefor outside the Deathwing company and therefor doesn't wear its colours: note he doesn't have a crux terminatus but instead something with wings.. whilst the other pad has a laurel, in RT (which this came out during the last 6 months of) chapter masters had a prescribed rank marking: the eagle with a skull head on his left pad and the chapter badge within a laurel on his right.

Nope, I'm not sure which came first: the Deathwing anthology or the Deathwing expansion for the Space Hulk boardgame, but either way the Plainsworld incident was canon at least 3 years before this computer game came out.

The guy who gives you your orders is the only green guy in the game, everyone else is white.. I think he's possibly the chapter master who is therefor outside the Deathwing company and therefor doesn't wear its colours: note he doesn't have a crux terminatus but instead something with wings.. whilst the other pad has a laurel, in RT (which this came out during the last 6 months of) chapter masters had a prescribed rank marking: the eagle with a skull head on his left pad and the chapter badge within a laurel on his right.

Oh didnt knew that!

Interesting, I was totally unaware of the Green TDA dude being the commander of sorts. But it does bring up some interesting questions about circles within circles.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only the First Company that bears the white panalopy? The Deathwing isn't a Company within the Dark Angels. I believe it is more like the Inner Circle: an "unofficial" organiziation within the Chapter. Note, Ezekiel, Samael, and, of course, Azrael, are all part of the Deathwing, as well as countless Veteran Sergeants dispersed throughout the Chapter's ranks. They all lack white armor.

Then again, there are white Land Raiders and Dreadnoughts...

Edit: I just took a peak at my Codex; it definitely references the First Company as the Deathwing. This [i[could[/i] be case of metonymy, but, more likely, I was wrong. My bad. :cuss

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it only the First Company that bears the white panalopy? The Deathwing isn't a Company within the Dark Angels. I believe it is more like the Inner Circle: an "unofficial" organiziation within the Chapter. Note, Ezekiel, Samael, and, of course, Azrael, are all part of the Deathwing, as well as countless Veteran Sergeants dispersed throughout the Chapter's ranks. They all lack white armor.

Well there are two issues to bear in mind: All members of the DA 1st Company are also members of the Deathwing. All members of the 1st Company fight in Terminator armour. Nowadays (post the plains incident) Terminator armour was repainted bone white as opposed to the previous black which was the original Legion color (and DW and RW had retained it despite that the DA Chapter turned Green).

However Deathwing is also a circle of knowledge within the Chapter. It is actually the first level, where a DA will first learn about the Chapter's dark secrets. That means that you can have members of the Deathwing that are NOT assigned to the 1st Company either because they had outgrown it in terms of seniority (e.g. the Masters of the other battle & reserve companies) or that they never joined the 1st Company in the first place because the Chapter deemed they were more important in their starting company (or their loyalty outclassed their combat skills :P). Some might even argue that 1st Company veterans might be re-assignerd to other companies although this kind of mobility between companies is not explicitly supported by exisiting fluff. All these troopers do NOT wear white. In fact I doubt they want to advertise the fact they are members of the Deathwing as to the minds of the uninitiated trooper DW=1st Company.

Intrestingly this was the angle in the first Codex the "Angels of Death", where there was no distinction and the terms 1st Company and Deathwing were interchangeable. But 3rd edition codex gave a different angle that has been supported in 4th and through BL publications.

Which brings us to the question: what about the Land Raiders/Dreads permanently assigned to the 1st Company? Personally I prefer everything Green. But there is a strong case that they should be white - especially as a white Ven Dread (presumabely with a DW occupant) made an appearence in the current Codex. This is up to individual taste but white 1st Company vechicles appear to be universally accepted nowadays.

Edit: I just took a peak at my Codex; it definitely references the First Company as the Deathwing. This [i[could[/i] be case of metonymy, but, more likely, I was wrong. My bad. :P

As I said there is a dual meaning in the term "Deathwing" that sometimes can create confusion. Especially when metonymy also comes to play :(!

... questions about circles within circles.

More like retcons within retcons :P

OT, I no remember, no computer in my house until 2004, we go uggg!!!!

Ha, Ha, very funny!

I never upgraded from Commodore 64 so I missed it, I was too busy playing being a Rogue Trader in Elite.

Haha, that Inquisitor movie looks like it was made by some film students in college. You gotta love Captain Thaddeus sticking it to the inquisitor though. I wonder if being a complete jerk is special training for all members of the Inquisition?

Well there are two issues to bear in mind: All members of the DA 1st Company are also members of the Deathwing. All members of the 1st Company fight in Terminator armour. Nowadays (post the plains incident) Terminator armour was repainted bone white as opposed to the previous black which was the original Legion color (and DW and RW had retained it despite that the DA Chapter turned Green).

However Deathwing is also a circle of knowledge within the Chapter. It is actually the first level, where a DA will first learn about the Chapter's dark secrets. That means that you can have members of the Deathwing that are NOT assigned to the 1st Company either because they had outgrown it in terms of seniority (e.g. the Masters of the other battle & reserve companies) or that they never joined the 1st Company in the first place because the Chapter deemed they were more important in their starting company (or their loyalty outclassed their combat skills :lol:). Some might even argue that 1st Company veterans might be re-assignerd to other companies although this kind of mobility between companies is not explicitly supported by exisiting fluff. All these troopers do NOT wear white. In fact I doubt they want to advertise the fact they are members of the Deathwing as to the minds of the uninitiated trooper DW=1st Company.

Intrestingly this was the angle in the first Codex the "Angels of Death", where there was no distinction and the terms 1st Company and Deathwing were interchangeable. But 3rd edition codex gave a different angle that has been supported in 4th and through BL publications.

Which brings us to the question: what about the Land Raiders/Dreads permanently assigned to the 1st Company? Personally I prefer everything Green. But there is a strong case that they should be white - especially as a white Ven Dread (presumabely with a DW occupant) made an appearence in the current Codex. This is up to individual taste but white 1st Company vechicles appear to be universally accepted nowadays.

Edit: I just took a peak at my Codex; it definitely references the First Company as the Deathwing. This [i[could[/i] be case of metonymy, but, more likely, I was wrong. My bad. :P

As I said there is a dual meaning in the term "Deathwing" that sometimes can create confusion. Especially when metonymy also comes to play :lol:!

Wonderfully explained, brother. Thank you. :sweat:

Archived