Old Librarian model

NocturneFIN

Hi, I recently got my hands onto this:

http://i9.aijaa.com/b/00610/8834367.jpg

I basecoated him and swapped his ancient bolt pistol to a modern boltgun. Personally I think it's a very cool model and it's refreshing to see metal character models that are not overstuffed with details... So would anyone know what year/edition is he from? I'm sure some old grumblers here on B&C recognize this model :tu:

Thanks in advance!

It's a (late?) 2nd edition librarian, the same model was the base for the old Space Wolf Rune Priest. It might have, and this is stretching the word maybe, have been released right at the beginning of 3rd ed.

Joe

Thank you, Joe! I figured that he had to be at least a little older model, since he's notably shorter than marines nowadays.

Btw, I just added some stuff on his bolter, like a scope, purity seals and bayonet, to make it look more like a weapon for a respected warrior. I'll be posting pics once I get him painted :tu:

Jes Goodwin sculpted a set of six Librarians in power armor. These are all pictured in the miniatures section at the back of the 2E Codex: Ultramarines, so they are very definitely early 2E minis(as Codex: Ultramarines came out fairly early in that game edition). They still look good alongside the latest stuff, with only a few details not being comparable(the old minis have big hands/fingers, slightly too large heads). Jes's old 2E Chaplains look better than the current ones too. It is, however, not really possible to get a backpack to fit quite right on most of these models, due to the positioning of the arms/shoulder pads.

Here is a link to the page of minis: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/btm.../librarians.jpg

Thanks for the comprehensive info, shabbadoo :P And PhilB, I also gotta say that it's the best looking librarian out of those six ;) But GGGGAAARRRHH that right shoulder was crazy! I had to trim almost the whole stabilizer/ball whaeva off from his backpack to get it fit!

I've only just acquired this model and was going to ask the same question on this forum so hurrah for finding it out here! :P He currently doesn't have a left arm of backpack, but I'll be bringing him back to life. ;)

Jes Goodwin sculpted a set of six Librarians in power armor. These are all pictured in the miniatures section at the back of the 2E Codex: Ultramarines, so they are very definitely early 2E minis(as Codex: Ultramarines came out fairly early in that game edition). They still look good alongside the latest stuff, with only a few details not being comparable(the old minis have big hands/fingers, slightly too large heads). Jes's old 2E Chaplains look better than the current ones too. It is, however, not really possible to get a backpack to fit quite right on most of these models, due to the positioning of the arms/shoulder pads.

Here is a link to the page of minis: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/btm.../librarians.jpg

Those models are awesome! Thank you for sharing that. You don't have a image of the chaplains you are talking about do you?

Archived