Vindicare Assasin Conversion

Even with the slight DE look it is awesome....Great work with the conversion idea...

~BtW

Slight? That is a complete DE look. It's an unaltered DE mini with a scout sniper rifle. Yes, it's a good idea. If conversion is done to make it look like a vindicare, it will be brilliant. However at the moment, it is not a vindicare, it is a sniper wych.

Personally I'd just smooth out some of the spikes on the armour, maybe fill in the carved pattern around the eye or fill it over completely. Just to remove the chaos edge from the model.

Otherwise I'm really digging the concept, given that the Assassins are about as devoid of uniformity as the Inquisition. Tools and methodology are about all one assassin from any given temple has in common with another, as I understand things.

Even with the slight DE look it is awesome....Great work with the conversion idea...

~BtW

Slight? That is a complete DE look. It's an unaltered DE mini with a scout sniper rifle. Yes, it's a good idea. If conversion is done to make it look like a vindicare, it will be brilliant. However at the moment, it is not a vindicare, it is a sniper wych.

+1, Thank god some constructive criticism came out. Pose is great conversion needs a lot of work so as to actually make the model look like a vindicare. If the OP does this well then he/she will ahve produced a fantastic model worthy of much praise. Good luck OP and well done on the idea, the execution just needs a little work.

Regards,

Crynn

The idea was to move away from the static "here i am pose" that gw has produced and move onto something that looks like an highly trained assassin applying his craft. Still very much WIP going to make the face plate look more like the traditional spy mask but still retain its alien look and i really like the dark eldar body type and armor because it fits the synskin/chameleon idea i had so here a bit of a update before i go to work.

gallery_21372_6376_622065.jpg

gallery_21372_6376_798028.jpg

The idea will be once paint it have very intense source lighting on the light and have the vindicare be fairly dark hiding behind the bright spotlight got the idea from battlefield tactical torches

It's a good idea for a pose, and I would cheer you on if it was anything other than a sniper. Even considering how fantastical the 40k world is, no sniper would ever, ever be in a position like that to make a shot that he expected to hit.

I have to agree that an unmodified DE wych doesn't really look like a Vindicare.

The posing is done well, but that he's hanging from a pillar by a chain and trying to use a sniper rifle with one arm and not aiming it through the scope kinda kills it for me.

It's a good idea for a pose, and I would cheer you on if it was anything other than a sniper. Even considering how fantastical the 40k world is, no sniper would ever, ever be in a position like that to make a shot that he expected to hit.

I have to agree that an unmodified DE wych doesn't really look like a Vindicare.

The posing is done well, but that he's hanging from a pillar by a chain and trying to use a sniper rifle with one arm and not aiming it through the scope kinda kills it for me.

What if the rifle was slung over his back, and instead he was holding his pistol?

Even considering how fantastical the 40k world is, no sniper would ever, ever be in a position like that to make a shot that he expected to hit.

Even as much as I'd love to agree with you BCK, you should read Nemesis. They wrote that Vindicare doing way worse than this. Made me do a "*read, read, read* :P whaaaaaaat?" It's pretty much fair game now.

Yeah, but it's a Vindicare. They make Space Marines look like kids with BB guns in comparison.

However, I do think that it looks odd. Perhaps if the rifle were braced against the pillar? Still, I do like the "I am awesome enough to make this shot" pose.

Also, I would try to smooth down and/or de-spike the armor (I just don't see Vindicares using 'real' armor like that, especially not spiky armor. Still, go with what you like.). And I think you have the backpack on upside-down (look at the items hanging from it).

Other than that, it looks awesome!

Vindicares use stealth suits and spy masks to assist in their shooting, and the exitus rifle is a perfectly balanced and very sphisticated piece of kit. I would rather see the Vindicare maybe hanging from a bivvy, or harnessed to the rock, to make that shot, but that looks more like him getting in to position at the top of some vantage point...

i did say it would be a dificult shot

Archived