Deathstar/Bowling ball of death

Vexicus

Hail Brothers,

So I have finally ordered myself an interrogator chaplin in terminator armor and am going to add him to my assault deathwingsquad already with Belial (with twin LC). In you expereance brothers what do you find more effective when charging with this unit from a LRC, twin LC all round, TH & SS all round or a mix of both?

Thank you for your words of wisdom

Vex

And regardless of initiative, Lightning Claws are more likely to kill than Thunder Hammers, taking into account how many attacks each Terminator gets. =)

Don't forget to give one of your Assault Deathwing a Cyclone missile launcher; they're always good fun.

Thirded. Three with lightning claws, two with thunder hammers & storm shields, Belial, Interrogator-Chaplain, and add the Deathwing Standard for +1 more Attack for *everyone*. Let's see if I can work this out. That's 6 attacks for Belial with LCs, 15 attacks for the 3 DW with LCs, 5 attacks for the Interrogator-Chaplain with crozius, and 6 attacks for the DW with THs; all with re-rolls to hit on the charge and re-rolls to wound with the LCs. Yeah, that ought to kill some stuff. :D

Thirded. Three with lightning claws, two with thunder hammers & storm shields, Belial, Interrogator-Chaplain, and add the Deathwing Standard for +1 more Attack for *everyone*. Let's see if I can work this out. That's 6 attacks for Belial with LCs, 15 attacks for the 3 DW with LCs, 5 attacks for the Interrogator-Chaplain with crozius, and 6 attacks for the DW with THs; all with re-rolls to hit on the charge and re-rolls to wound with the LCs. Yeah, that ought to kill some stuff. :D

When I've run that setup (many times) I think the only thing I've failed to kill in one round is... a unit of Paladins (who died the next round). Though I do run Belial with a storm shield now for added survivability. :) Of course, I actually prefer to be stuck in combat for a round so that I don't get shot, so I actually ended up dropping the Chaplain.

My solution -- 2 CL and 3 TH/SS with CML. Even without chaplain, 2 LC reduce a squad to a good minumum. TH then just banish the remaining rest. I used All LC with chappy before the FAQ, pretty deadly indeed.

Question, when outfitting a BBoD wouldn't it preferable to give them a heavy flamer over a missile launcher as... well, they're not really going to shine in the shooting phase and if all goes well will spend a good portion of the game standing toe-to-toe with the enemy?

Pros and Cons of the HF.

+ it ignores cover, and usually causes for a higher body count than the CML.

- a savvy player will remove all his dead from the front possibly negating a charge.

Question, when outfitting a BBoD wouldn't it preferable to give them a heavy flamer over a missile launcher as... well, they're not really going to shine in the shooting phase and if all goes well will spend a good portion of the game standing toe-to-toe with the enemy?

Pros and Cons of the HF.

+ it ignores cover, and usually causes for a higher body count than the CML.

- a savvy player will remove all his dead from the front possibly negating a charge.

I'll echo what he just said, I've not used Heavy Flamers in a long time with my Deathwing purely because I'd rather have the AC or CML ;)

I run Belial with LC and the rest of his squad with TH+SS and a CML.

When I do use an Apothecary or Standard Bearer I still equip them with TH+SS. I prefer to maximize there survivabilty considering the points you spend for them.

I've been using my Belial stand-in with TLC, Interrogator-Chaplain, 3 TH/SS plus a CML, 1 TLC, and an Apothecary, with SB/PF. Usually whatever they charge gets taken out in one round. I haven't tried including a banner yet, but once I do I'm pretty sure my friends will hate me.

I run Belial with LC and the rest of his squad with TH+SS and a CML.

When I do use an Apothecary or Standard Bearer I still equip them with TH+SS. I prefer to maximize there survivabilty considering the points you spend for them.

That's usually how I approach this. I've never added a Chappy though. Belial alone is dishing out 6 attacks on the charge at initiative. Of course I could see another LC in there depending on what you are up against.

I believe the LRC's capacity is 16 models. So, it can accommodate 8 termies.

Heh, you're right. How did I miss that? :D I'd got it into my head that they only held six terminators.

It just leaped to the top of my to-buy list!

interrogator chaplin ... deathwing squad ... Belial ... from a LRC ...

How do you get seven terminators into a land raider crusader? :huh:

Tell them Sarah Connor's inside

:D ;) :lol:

Damn right! You might even get nine to fit in there :P

Archived