Getting out of an assault...

Lord Bearer

I did some Search-Fu but I didn't find anything.. and I don't have my rulebook handy.

I recently played a friendly game with my brother and my son. We played using the rule that if you want to leave an on-going assault.. You need to make a Leadership Check .. if passed you get to move your models out of the assault, but then the opponent gets to make one (1) attack per model.. as a free attack.

Am I crazy??? Is this an actual rule??

Help...

This is not a rule.

Units can not leave combat unless they lose and fail a leadership test (in the case of units with Combat Tactics they can chose to leave)

james is correct, additionally some units do have the hit and run USR which means at the end of combat (after Ld checks and whatnot) the unit may choose to leave combat by passing an inititive check, if they pass they may move upto 3D6 in any direction.

james is correct, additionally some units do have the hit and run USR which means at the end of combat (after Ld checks and whatnot) the unit may choose to leave combat by passing an inititive check, if they pass they may move upto 3D6 in any direction.

Yes. As someone who uses Dante, I should not have forgotten Hit and Run.

Ways to leave an assault

Kill the other side (or have them leave using one of the below methods)

Fail a moral check after loosing a combat*

the hit and run USR

That necron teleport thingy that says it can.

Not have any models in BtB contact with the enemy after both sides perform "pile in" moves

*And They Shall Know No Fear messes with that though.

Basicaly what everyone has said:

Combat Tactics.

Win combat and opponent fails Ld test.

Lose combat and fail Ld test.

Hit and Run USR.

usualy not effective to move out of combat while still in your turn anyway, you want to win the combat in the opponents turn to give you time to move back into combat or into cover etc. otherwise you will get shot while in the open in the opponents turn, and you become an easy target.

Archived