Bloodlance vs Stormraven

Belius

Hi all

Apols if I'm being daft here but how does a bloodlance psychic attack work against a stormraven or any other skimmer come to that?

Is it ground based? Apols if this has been answered before I have done an interweb search but can't find anything on it.

Cheers

Can see why this would confuse people... Thinking about it brought a question to my mind at least.

In apocalypse games a storm raven would be a flyer correct? How does a flyer handle "Line based attacks" like jaws of the world wolf(let's assure there is a flying tyranid on the table) or the blood lance?

Can see why this would confuse people... Thinking about it brought a question to my mind at least.

In apocalypse games a storm raven would be a flyer correct? How does a flyer handle "Line based attacks" like jaws of the world wolf(let's assure there is a flying tyranid on the table) or the blood lance?

Weapons using any teardrop-shaped template cannot hit flyers.

Weapons that do not roll to hit using Ballistic Skill (like ordnance weapons) cannot hit flyers, unless these weapons also have the anti-aircraft mount special rule (see the Special Rules section on page 96 for more details).

Jaws of the World Wolf and Blood Lance do not roll to-hit using Ballistic Skill and do not have the Anti-Aircraft Mount special rule, therefore they can't hit Flyers. :lol:

Why would it become a flyer? There's nothing about skimmers becoming flyers for different game types is there?

I agree that line attacks don't work vs flyers but the SR is a skimmer as stated in it's profile yes?

Why would it become a flyer? There's nothing about skimmers becoming flyers for different game types is there?

I agree that line attacks don't work vs flyers but the SR is a skimmer as stated in it's profile yes?

Not quite. In a few different places (the first that comes to mind is the ‘BELLEROPHON’ PATTERN AIRBORNE ASSAULT GROUP) GW has repeated stated that a Skimmer that can Deep Strike should be classed as a Flyer in Apocalypse. Most players and clubs have acepted this and extended it to all Deep Striking Skimmers even without specific direction from GW.

Well, I do belive there was some white dwarf with some BA apocalypse formations where you could use storm ravens... and if my memory dosn't fail me they are treated as flyers in that formation.

White Dwarf 373.

There is a box stating that it is appropriate to allow Storm Ravens to be Flyers with the Hover special rule in Apoc games, whether they are in that particular formation or not.

Jaws of the World Wolf doesn't effect vehicles of any sort. It states it only effects Monstrous Creatures, Beasts, Cavalry, Bikes, and Infantry. So no vehicles and no jump infantry.

-Samirus

Jaws of the World Wolf doesn't effect vehicles of any sort. It states it only effects Monstrous Creatures, Beasts, Cavalry, Bikes, and Infantry. So no vehicles and no jump infantry.

-Samirus

cheers, should have read up closer on the jaws rule.

Edit: knew about the veichle part... just assumed it could hit stuff with a T value... Even stuff with wings/jump pack

Archived