Cosmics Imperial Fists

Well hello everyone.

This is my first attempt at actually completing an army. I can paint a small squad fairly well, it's the large monotonous groups that I find myself getting bored with and I loose track, however I plan for this to be different!

Some of you may have seen my Imperial Fist Terminators a few months ago.

Now whilst they were my high level of painting, this army is designed to be quick to stop me from getting sidetracked, and so far it's working :yes:

But anyway, here's where I'm at at the moment.....

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Imperial%20Fists/SAM_2245.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Imperial%20Fists/SAM_2246.jpg

The Rhino has since been finished and I've completed and Assault squad too.

I hope you like them and hopefully there will be more updates soon,

Cosmic

These guys and the termies are great! Are we going to see more?

P.S. For some reason when I read your title and thought it said "Cosmic Imperial Fists" so I was expecting a bunch of silver surfers cruising on the power cosmic. :yes:

These guys and the termies are great! Are we going to see more?

P.S. For some reason when I read your title and thought it said "Cosmic Imperial Fists" so I was expecting a bunch of silver surfers cruising on the power cosmic. :eek

Yup you will see plenty more :yes: and thank you.

Haha well now you've gt me thinking ;)

Simply amazing!

Have you made s tutorial for that yellow? If not I would love to know your recipe. Your tutorial on painting Ultramarines has helped immensely with my Ultras.

Thanks Malevolent.

Not yet no, I can do though if there's some more interest.

Ah I thought I recognised my scheme in your Ultramarines thread! I'd know that blue anywhere! ;)

Some truly impressive work, which Papa Dorn would surely approve :P

Yellow always looks kinda cartoony when painted in the conventional way that most colors are done. It looks infinitely better with the more elaborate highlighting method you've applied.

they look great man!!!

Thanks Melice :tu:

Cool mustard marines. They look great well done.

Cheers ;) there seems to be quite a bit of Lemon Legion interest lately

Usually I dont like the way Imperial Fists look, but I really like your style and the Yellow color is great. what is your formula?

Well I'm glad you approve. The formula will be posted in a tutorial later this afternoon hopefully so keep an eye out ;)

Some truly impressive work, which Papa Dorn would surely approve :P

Yellow always looks kinda cartoony when painted in the conventional way that most colors are done. It looks infinitely better with the more elaborate highlighting method you've applied.

Cheers, the highlights are what make the minis I think, these were really quick, splodgey highlights but they seem to work well.

I hope you do make a tut because that would be ace!

Yeah your scheme worked so good for my Ultras it is ridiculous. I love it and I have to say thank you for sharing such a great technique.

Glad to hear it Malevolent ;) I look forward to seeing more.

OMG yes a tutorial PLEASE. they look amazing! top notch i say

Ask and you shall recieve, it shall be ready this afternoon hopefully.

Cosmic

Well it's a double post I'm afraid but I said I'd keep you updated so here's one for you all.....

2nd Rhino is almost complete and the Assault Squad is done...

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Imperial%20Fists/SAM_2280.jpg

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Imperial%20Fists/SAM_2285.jpg

Not usually an Imperial Fists fan, but I've gotta say that I really love your army. Absolutely brilliant.

Might even try painting a marine like that, just to see what it's like.

The assault squad looks great (although you've got an interesting mix of weapons there)

Do you have any photos of your captain and techmarine? Both look really good, but I can't see them very well in the photos.

Not usually an Imperial Fists fan, but I've gotta say that I really love your army. Absolutely brilliant.

Might even try painting a marine like that, just to see what it's like.

The assault squad looks great (although you've got an interesting mix of weapons there)

Do you have any photos of your captain and techmarine? Both look really good, but I can't see them very well in the photos.

Thank you Huberticus :), if you do paint one then I'd like to see your results.

Yeah I don't have a codex and I built these before finding out what they can take, I'm going to be sorting that out soon though. I just went with what looked good!

Scout Sergeant is now complete....

http://i357.photobucket.com/albums/oo11/Cosmic_Castaway2157/Imperial%20Fists/SAM_2302.jpg

Cosmic

Looks good. I don't think you'd get much hassle about the Assault Marines with bolters, everyone knows they only come with pistols/close combat weapons, and it looks great. I wouldn't mind anyway.

I'm glad there's someone then, I'm building the army for a get together next year, it'll be the first game I've played in about 8 years! And even then I've only had 1 proper game.

Looking good. I was dusting off my old metal scouts last night, oddly enough.

Thanks, I never had any of the metal scouts, all I know is they must be so much better than these plastic ones! The arms never sit into place properly. I've had 2 boxes like it.

Yah, metal Scouts do seem better... Ah well :rolleys:

Good looking Scout and Assault Marines you've got there :) And though not game-legal, I've always loved the concept of boltgun wielding Assault Marines <_<

Ludovic

Looking good as always. Bolters on Assault Marines actually makes sense to me, as that kind of firepower, coupled with the mobility of jump-packs would allow the Marines to strike hard and fast, and then reposition quickly. I really like the posing on that Sergeant a lot, he seems catious, as befits an infiltrator.

Yah, metal Scouts do seem better... Ah well :rolleys:

Good looking Scout and Assault Marines you've got there :P And though not game-legal, I've always loved the concept of boltgun wielding Assault Marines B)

Ludovic

Same here, it just makes so much sense! At least 2 should be allowed to have bolters

Looking good as always. Bolters on Assault Marines actually makes sense to me, as that kind of firepower, coupled with the mobility of jump-packs would allow the Marines to strike hard and fast, and then reposition quickly. I really like the posing on that Sergeant a lot, he seems catious, as befits an infiltrator.

Exactly my thoughts. And thank you :)

Archived