6 Inch Imperial Space Marine

Surfing Raziel

It is hard to tell from the photo if you have made any adjustments to the hand holding the banner, but might I suggest the following; First off take a look at an eldar conversion I did some time ago;

IMG_5074.JPG

The hand that is holding the lance is the original hand from the kit that I simply converted as opposed to re-sculpting. The first thing I did was to take the hand and sand a groove in it where the lance would go, this helps the lance look like it is actually in the hand, and creates more realism. I would start off by sanding a groove into the SM hand so that the banner pole sits in it more, as opposed to onto it. The simplest thing you can do is go the the hardware store, pick up some sand paper with adhesive on one side, take a small bit of the paper, wrap it around your banner pole, and sand, perfect fit! It does not need to be a deep groove, just a little one.

The next thing I did on that eldar kit was to actually glue the hand to the lance where I wanted it, at this point the hand was still in the open position, but by doing this I was able to get the hand exactly where I wanted it.

The next step, after the glue dried, was to make some relief cuts in the plastic fingers and bend the fingers into place, this of course left gaps, that were easily filled with putty and produced a great looking result. Now I realize that resin snaps and does not bend, but that is ok, you can still make some small cuts with a jewelers saw, and break the fingers into position, glue and fill the gaps.

I hope that all makes sense, keep up the good work!

Ashton

Archived