=][= Scale Iron Souls Marine

GeneralStukov

So the parts came in and I couldn't help but start already on him, I've finished some of the grunt work of the model, extending the legs to allow for a more dynamic pose along with making the base and starting on the powerfist arm. let my pics do the talking tho... These are WIP and will eventually get some areas reworked once I get the contemptor powerfists in, hope they get here soon... I'm jonesing to finish this, also anyone have any suggestions so far on the work? should I bulk up the baseplate a bit more to enhance how the tile looks?

gallery_15142_6574_851457.jpg

Gallery

I'll see what I can do, haven't been on in forever... will upload them in a min

Uploaded! pic there for easy viewing and link under, sorry for the quality this cam apparently doesn't know how to really distinguish between fine detail and open area so the bionics look like crap right now even tho they are better IRL

I was thinking about that too but there is a flamer in the palm, its a powerfist that was modified into a bionic arm, originally I wanted to make him a techmarine to fit along with my chapter but due to my limited modeling skills and cash I had to scrap the ornate head for fear I'd mess it up too much.. (getting back into the hobby after taking a hiatus) Does that tank really detract from the model? others thoughts on it?

doing a bit of touchups on that portion, will have more pics for you soon. Going to add some darker recesses to give it a more blended look so far mixing paints is working, I dont have fleshtone or white (I do but its a different type of paint. its made for models but it only works really well for mixing.)

Initially I wanted his hair to be a peppery look and I think it came out decently enough will go darker on that brown on the soft armor so it doesn't detract from the overall model and see how that works

Also minimal conversion needed for the contemptor fist, once painted I like the flamer tank under his arm. if only I had some gold... (payday is 24th so cant wait for those to make fleshtones lol)

i like what i see :P

you yould try to move the tank to the left side of the fist, like the thing on a normal powerfist. (probalbly too late though, since you started painting ;) )

your green stuff work looka good very smooth surfaces!

though it looks like there's a small irregularity in the soft armor of his right armpit.

colour scheme looks good to me. but i'm not diggin the brown soft armor. might look nice in a dark grey.

gallery_15142_6574_83093.jpg

another update with the gallery. I've got a couple of things to touch up, also that soft bit of armor that looks off on his powerarm (the inside) blended in when it was made boltgun metal. I had forgotten it shouldn't be painted brown. I darkened up the brown a bit to blend a bit better with the model. Any suggestions? I would love to hear some input.

The tank on the powerfist couldn't be moved without tons of backtracking on the model, it would certainly make the paintjob look odd.

Also how does the fleshtone look? blood on the blade look good?

If you re-arrange the fingers on the power fist to a more traditional hand shape it'll go a long way on your marine. Other than that your colors are looking good, pretty clean. The flesh seems a little red though, maybe try toning it down w/ a little bronzed flesh or elf flesh as a highlight.

thank yea for the suggestion, I went with a simple 3 fingers/thumb type combo because after trying to add an additional finger it looked clunky. This way I can say its a bionic powerfist so its custom made

The paint was cause I dont have any flesh tones (The one paint besides white I forgot to get) so I had to mix and match and that was the best look, will certainly pick up some more my next trip out to the shop

Archived