Question about IC's

Azalus

I'm at work right now, and most related websites are blocks, so I was curious as to whether or not I could get the answer here.

My friend says you can only put one IC with a unit, and I'm convinced that it's otherwise. SO my question is that is it possible to put multiple IC's together with a unit or not, I ask as an example in my case, I was under the impression that I could put a wolf lord and a rune priest in with a unit of long fang, (not that I would put a lord in a long fang pack, the situation is for example's sake)

You can even join several ICs together to form a unit of themselves - though not recommended for KP missions. :)
Are you sure? I thought ICs could not join units that are only one model. Other ICs are just that. Ah, found it ICs are explicitly excluded from that type of unit.

Are you sure? I thought ICs could not join units that are only one model. Other ICs are just that.

Its all in the independant characters rules, theres a sentence that states an IC can join a unit, and that even multiple Ics can join together to form thier own units if they wished.

the only restriction is that they cannot join monstrous creatures IIRC

the only restriction is that they cannot join monstrous creatures IIRC

This is incorrect.

an IC may not join a unit of vehicle(s) (note: this does not include artillery, but attached IC do not count as crew and as such cannot fire the artillery guns), or a unit that is always just one model (with the exception of other IC).

Monsterous creatures do not factor in to either of those statments. Though the only Monsterous creatures that are not "units that are always just one model" are Carnifexes. additionly Hive tyrants can also join tyrant guards, other IC may then join the guard and be part of the tyrants unit as well.

The restriction is that an IC cannot ever join a unit that always consists of one model. An IC is no such thing: as he can attach to a unit and then be a part of a unit that has more than one model in it. :D Mephiston has no IC rule and is a unit that always consists of one model...so ICs can't join him. The same goes for MCs (in general, e.g. Demon Prince, Dreadknight) and the like.

Archived