Ordnance

jezabel

Blast weapons count half strength if the hole in the centre doesn't land directly on a vehicle. I'm pretty sure I understand this correctly.

One of my regular opponents says this doesn't count for ordnance weapons, so that the whole of the template counts full strength, but I can't find anything to confirm this.

Can anyone clarify? provide page number?

Cheers fellas

Jez

Blast weapons count half strength if the hole in the centre doesn't land directly on a vehicle. I'm pretty sure I understand this correctly.

One of my regular opponents says this doesn't count for ordnance weapons, so that the whole of the template counts full strength, but I can't find anything to confirm this.

Can anyone clarify? provide page number?

Cheers fellas

Jez

Ask him to show you this in the rulebook, because he is in error.

Your opponent is wrong in a general sense, as the rules for Blast weapons also apply to Ordnance Blast weapons. Note that there are Ordnance weapons that are not Blast weapons (the Leman Russ Vanquisher Cannon, for example). There's no template to fire for those, and therefore no hole to worry about.

There are also Ordnance Blast weapons that allow full-strength hits regardless of where the hole in the templatelands, but there are exceptions and are listed as such in the weapon profile. For exmaple, the Imperial Guard Deathstrike Missile Launcher fires a blast with a defined radius and no center hole. Anything inside that radius takes a full-strength hit. No halfsies.

The thing to remember is that Ordnance and Blast are separate rules. Many weapons combine the two (like the Vindicator), so you use BOTH sets of rules for the weapon.

Archived