New Ravenwing player in need of tactical support

The Dark Lord

I've been playing Dark Angels for 2 years now and like the concept of the Ravenwing. Plus I've never seen a mainly bike list and want to shake up our local game club.

I've managed to amass 18 bikes, 3 attack bikes and 4 speeders along with samm on his jet bike.

Theres a tendancy to play 1750 in our area and I've had mixed results with my list.

Sam on jet bike

6 bikes with 2 plasma guns, power fist, standard bearer, apocthecary and heavy bolter attack bike.

6 bikes with 2 meltas, powerfist and multi melta attck bike.

6 bikes with 2 meltas, powerfist and multi melta attack bike

All sgt's with melta bombs

Landspeeder with typhoon missles and multi melta

Landspeeder with typhoon missles and multi melta

2 Landspeeder with typoon missles and multi melta/ heavy bolter and heavy flamer

5 Terminators with Thunder hammer and stormshields + cyclone missle launcher

everything is modeled up.

Now what I'm looking for is tactical advice on how to play but list advice will be taken on board.

Going to try scouting and turbo boosting down week or unsupported flank with bikes and leave the speeders hanging back to force my opponant to shift his force and take advantage of side armour shots and exposed units.

Does this sound viable? or is there a better way to play?

You seem to be doing things right. Ravenwing needs to cut down any of the opponent's mobility so they can roam the battlefield and strike at the most unprotected flanks. I think perhaps the terminators are slowing the RW force down because they can't be left unsupported.. maybe trying to deep strike them normally instead of coming down in turn 1.

I have contemplated doing just that with the terminators as the tempation to get forward and drop them is making me push units into bad positions and jepodiseing the advantages I have with the speed of the rest of the army. Although its always nice to have another krak missile on hand in turn 1.

pI have contemplated doing just that with the terminators as the tempation to get forward and drop them is making me push units into bad positions and jepodiseing the advantages I have with the speed of the rest of the army. Although its always nice to have another krak missile on hand in turn 1.

Thanks for your kind apprasle I think I need more practice with it as the other day I got trounced in a freakish loss to Tau. And most of the kills came from close combat.

Tau is about one of the few armies you want to bum rush and go onto CC.

The terminator krak missile can be nice on turn one, but with so many meltas and multi meltas, unless you're hard pressed with lots of hard tragets you can do without it. You can also deepstrike them in turn 1, but a bit farther from the enemy.. armed with TH and SS they can manage a turn or two of walking.

as for melktabombs, I find the powerfist more efficient vs all kinds of targets, due to hitting on rear armor rule..I prefer 3 swings at S8 than just one ...

If you can afford Termies, then you can afford another bike squad. Lose the Melta Bombs to ensure you have enough points for wargear on that squad.

Face it, if you ever have an opportunity to use a Meltabomb over everything else in your arsenal, then something has gone seriously wrong.

Archived