White Power Armour

rjp1977

Hi

Many years ago there was an article in White Dwarf about a DA army that had its characters (Azrael etc.) in white power armour instead of the usual green. I have searched through my back catalogue of White Dwarf and can't seem to find it.

I don't suppose anyone knows the issue number or who the painter was?

Thanks.

I believe it may be Fred Reed you're referring to, also made the scratch built land raider from an old WW1 tank model if memory serves. Unfortunately i can't for the life of me remember the issue number of the WD it was in somewhere around the 200 mark i think, however i was able to find some of his work online: http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/...3LoU_007_A.html

If i remember correctly the reason he gave for the bone armour was that from his interpretation of the background it seemed strange that the robes were bone coloured when the original squad's armour was painted white and was carried on as a sign of respect. I suppose it seems slightly disrespectful for someone to then complain about how bone armour is totally not his style but he'll wear this white robe as a compromise :D. I believe he had corresponding robe colours for each office, so librarians had blue robes, chaplains black and chapter master green, etc.

Archived